No announcement yet.

Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory: The G8 Sport Truck May Be Killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory: The G8 Sport Truck May Be Killed

Mike....I'll bet you a beer!

;) :D

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Mike....I'll bet you a beer!

;) :D

Brian
      I'll be a sport, you're on. ;D
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I was chasing this guy around hoping to get a good shot for you all, well as good as you can get with a phone

Thought an easier place to get a photo was at a dealer. Still with the phone :-[

The 317 is Kilowatts

Sorry about the quality of this one

More info from the HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) site:- http://www.hsv.com.au/news/news.asp?ID=737

Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Got a link to V8 Ute races? It's a spec series road-racing these things.

Comment

http://www.v8utes.com.au/index.php?page_id=358

Comment

I think the V8 super car series there kicks Nascars ass. well, at least when there was a channel called speed vision . before it was the nascar network! sorry bout the rant, Ill go back to my Rock. :-X
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

yea what happend to jet sprint races and mud racin and the like?????????????????????????????

Comment

Sounds like The Wide World of Sports.. I remember watching it when it was the wide world of sports. ..a long time a go now. Used to see everything including motorcycle hill-climbs at the Widowmaker.. Warner Wolf would be shown occasionally too.. "Let's go to the videotape" he used to say all the time.
                  Now it's just seasonal golf, football, cricket and tennis.. Yawn. :

Comment

V8 Ute Racing on youtube.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PMa26GGNw4E
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The good thing about V8 Ute racing compared to V8Supercars is that the Holden utes are Holden utes, and the Ford utes are Ford utes.

Unlike V8Supercars where they all must use the same rear axle, rear suspension, front suspension and their engine specs have to comply to a set of dimensions that makes them practically identical to each other. All must have this intake valve diameter, all must have this port volume, all must have this cam lift & duration.. It used to be whatever the factory made & sold with the exception of a 5 liter limit. Now only the badges are different. This has killed V8Supercar for me.
                      Ford Verses Holden, my arse!

Comment

Doesn't V8 utes have some deal where you need to buy stock or a timeshare or something in order to be a "member" so you can race?

Comment

Yeah you buy a franchise which basically gives you a slot in the series, similar to V8 supercars I believe

Comment

Working...
                          X