Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Pick of the Week: Vintage Quarter Midget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick of the Week: Vintage Quarter Midget!

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: Vintage Quarter Midget!

That picture brings back memories. I had 2 karts in the late 50s'. We had a local group of Karts, half and quarter midgets . There was a local oval track just for us and there were fun weekends. I was on the large size as a kid and a quarter midget did not fit me. I tried a half midget and it was tight for me too.

Nick

Comment

That is effin' cool.

I never really knew about the quarter and half midgets before. I think I can get my hands on a spare 10hp Briggs & Stratton engine as well as a CVT. Now I think I know what my next project is!

Thanks! ;D

Comment

Jim Sharp in Oxnard Calf, has a number of very nicely restored Curtis 1/4 midgets. One is on display at the Packard museum in Oxnard across form the old Chandler museum.

Comment

Great little cars. My buddy Terry Lilley and his dad built a nice one. His dad was a building contractor and evidently had WAY more money than we did. I was SOOoooo jealous but tried to be happy for him. I merely drooled. Even if we'd had the $$, I knew my dad still was havin' none of that.......

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X