Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Greatest Influencers of Hot Rodding

Re: The Top 11 Greatest Influencers of Hot Rodding

Bravo! another excellent read today!!! That's a great list, perfect order...

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
      Bravo! another excellent read today!!! That's a great list, perfect order...

-scott
      x2

I was just thinking to myself, "Hmm, I'm going to post a boring agreeable post" but really it is a great list in a reasonable order.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

DF, I agree with your list of the top 11. It is clear quite a bit of thought went into your choices. I would like to throw a name into the ring for honorable mention. Granted, without the likes of Wally Parks and the foundations laid earlier by the contributors on your list, his achievements would probably never have materialized, but because there was a demand for performance products as a budding hotrodding community grew, this man made his mark. My pick is none other than Vic Edelbrock, Sr. Where would hotrodding be without Vic?

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

'nough said, these thoughts are another example of why I hit the blogs first - thanks
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Arrowhead, EXACTLY my view..the Blogs are a first-read.

Comment

some of my heroes

ed cole -small block chevy - word is he designed most of it , became GM president
              smokey yunick - wildman , I thank heavens everyday I got to share the same room with him a few times , lived for a time in NJ
              william crapo durant -founder of gm wildman - had a vision may have been a crazy vision , made and lost several fortunes , died penniless in NJ
              john z delorean - wildman - brilliant engineer , may have designed the turbo 400 while at packard , gave us the gto and anti establishment , made and lost several fortunes , dies penniless in NJ
              don garlits - speed king , built his own stuff , credibility , unofficially broke 200 mph in NJ
              rick voeglin from car craft - influenced my interest in class racing
              zora - the man survived bolshiveks , ww2 and worked for general motors
              jim hall - chapparal - chevy power all over the world
              richard petty -what a driver !! and car owner , credibility
              junior johnson - rumrunner - driver who was under the hood
              david reher ,lee shepherd and buddy morrison , my pro stock heroes forever

Comment

as always, a good read! 8)

al
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I think you missed one of the biggies... The ATF Bureau for chasing down all those moonshine runners in the south. Nothing drove creative engineering of hot rods like the runners being chased!

A good list overall though.

Comment

Very well thought out, DF. Hope you're not disappointed that I choose to not disagree with you.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

very cool and a couple of my hero's made the list duntov was one friend to my grand pa {he used to come to the tonawanda engine plant to do "stuff" and got to know my grand pa at the chevy dealer he worked at} and he was a cool down to earth guy gave my gramps 2 one off proto type cams for small chevy and told him "try theses in ur kids car should wake it up "{the car was my pops 56 chevy 265 with dual quads} the cams did wake it up on was lil big for the street and the other was run for a while both solid flats and crazy for the time and i still have them in cam tubes with from gm with hand writing on them that looks like a doctor lol{duntov}i so wanna run them but by todays cam standards they are tame and it is not worth loseing a peice of history for that lol

Comment

Make it 12: David Freiburger

Ch1ll

Comment

Originally posted by ProRauder
                          I think you missed one of the biggies... The ATF Bureau for chasing down all those moonshine runners in the south. Nothing drove creative engineering of hot rods like the runners being chased!

Actually, I meant to include that one in my number 1 pick, Government. It slipped my mind at the last second. Dang.

Comment

Nice write up and nice outside the box take on influences...

My all time number one, however is Carrol Shelby. And in his honor I am combining two cars born of his influence ;D
                            www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

lee holman - son of holman moody 's john holman , is not a big shelby fan

Comment

Working...
                              X