Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Stuck in a World of Mere Mortals

Re: Barnstormin': Stuck in a World of Mere Mortals

They're out there NOW...they've just been smothered/obscured by corporate sponsorship and the PC Police.

Then again, there's only ONE AJ Foyt, Mario Andretti, and the like.

Comment

Hell ya.
      I meet a racer once at a dirt track (1976) he worked in the same mill 2 of my uncles did.About the same time I meet another older just getting by in nascar.Dale Earnhart and J.D.McDuffie.One became The man both came from nothing.They both never gave up.
      Neather one would stand a snow balls chance in hell today,getting a ride,little on making the field.
      Nascar died after J.D. and before Earnhart.
      NHRA just another dog and pony show.or as a Land speed racer told me No Hot Rods Allowed.
      Indy hell they would not let smokey in the stands now.
      The greats are still being made just not the way they were the exception would be land speed racing (Poteet,Turk,Guthrie,) just to name 3 of many.
      Today T.V. Internet gets more exposure but cost are as big or bigger factor than ever.
      terry

Comment

You are right on with your analogy of the times we live in. With the costs of racing at the premier level these days it is hard to find individuals who aren't afraid to say the king has no clothes.There is little hope of ever seeing those days again because once again in the big leagues of racing there are few if any true owner/operators.

Comment

Clarence...thanks for reading and more importantly, welcome!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
          X