Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Action Photos of 2008

Re: Best Action Photos of 2008

This post demands some commentary. That guy is an awesome photog.

Check the photos of all the cars crossed up and with four tires in the air in the eyes at Famoso!

Comment

He's right, there is something odd about vehicles doing 200mph with all the wheels off the ground. It's funny about the Cherry Picker Crane. My friend Erik has been paid to video a few Go-Kart races for various people and one of them brought in a truck with man lift on it, for tree trimming or something like that for him to film from. He thought it was great moving the truck around and being able to get those shots.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

WOW, those are some pretty cool shots. This one is amazing, you can actually see the spark plug mid-air in the upper right side.

sigpic

Comment

Note that he got the chute out, too.

Comment

Every one in a while, through luck and/or good timing, I manage to snap a pic or two that really shout. This gives reign to my delusions of talent and the feeling that I'm somehow better than that digital masterpiece that I hold in my hands.

Then Mark updates his blog.

Shit, I've got a lot to learn.
            "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              Note that he got the chute out, too.
              Yeah, I've heard stories of old racers, whose though track when that happens is, "There're fire. Shut down, pull shoot, hit brakes."

My thought track would just be "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X