Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Are these clowns that built the car still in business trashing other peoples cars?

Comment

Originally posted by olbuddybob
      Are these clowns that built the car still in business trashing other peoples cars?
      Yep they sure are.
      Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

Looks like the car is really taking shape. The guys at Tube Chassis Designz seem to do awesome work.

Bummer about the trans but the Hemi sounds healthy ;D. I hope BK didn't put their sweet tune on that thing.

I find BK's disclaimer on their nameplate rather amusing, if not terribly disconcerting.

All the best JB.

Comment

JB, I'm with ya on the "blinders" part.......I'm 34 years old, and I've wanted a General Lee since I was, what, 5, I guess(1979).

Amazing what the "01", the orange paint and that damn horn will do to a man.....

I'd be bordering homicidal tendencies towards the hacks at BK Auto(at least ensure that this !$#@ing clown never fixes so much as a tricycle again), but at least the General is in good hands now.....all of us here are anxiously awaiting the General's return.

Tiresmoke

Comment

Beagle...Jesus man, you make me laugh out loud sometimes.

The Deliverance line above is comedy gold.

HA!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

How do we know this is a legit car??? 279- 321 cars were used(the numbers are disputed) only 17 are known to exist that were actually used in the series. I know somebody that has the last one made for the series and he paid big money for it at an auction from the studio, it was a 318 car they put a 383 in and it is in rough shape just as it left the show. Theres so many guys claiming to have these cars its ridiculous.

Comment

Kelly, to my knowledge no one is claiming this to be a series car.

Unless I missed something here. It's got a crate 472 Hemi and stuff in it, nothing that would have been on "screen".

JB was just looking for a "nice" General to own, dote on, and burn tire with.

PS...thanks for joining us here!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Unless I missed something here. It's got a crate 472 Hemi and stuff in it, nothing that would have been on "screen".

Brian
                  Bingo.. I know I never mentioned that this was a real series car.. I wouldn't do that. Hell, a series "wreck" is worth about 20X more then any of these creations.

Comment

My question----these guys are still in business takin people's
                    hard earned money?

Good damn thing they're not operating a hedge fund

All the best of luck to ya on the project

These guys missed their calling.....they should've been drywall
                    tapers......good working with 'mud'

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

PS...thanks for joining us here!

Brian
                      That's about how they built the cars for the show.

I particularily like the light weight glass frame rails and the tuning fork for a push bar.

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about my wreck.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I remember Jons Challenger, was a very nice car. He does great work.

Brian, I'm guessing the Ford getting the motor you're referring to is that T-bolt like body and it might be one of those hi-risers or maybe a SOHC motor?

Comment

Doug....the motor going into the T-Bolt makes a SOHC motor look like something powering a first generation Hundai.

;D

Stay tuned.

Brian

Comment

The tags say's General Lee's Revenge #119.
                            I sure hope that there aren't 118 more of these on the road.
                            The word hack doesn't fit these guys.
                            From the photos on their website it looks like they have built quite a few along with other movie cars.
                            What a shame that people are getting taken and probably don't know it.

Comment

my buddy , richie , bought his mercury sight unseen from oklahoma , via hemming motor news
                              6 weeks later , he got rusty shell instead of the driveable custom he paid 6 grand for
                              this was 1990
                              took us five years to make it presentable
                              sorry to hear about your getting hosed , I have seen it before
                              sometimes it pays to send an uptight prick to check out these purchases
                              if richie sent me to oklahoma to check out that merc , there would be a disembowelled used car salesman in my wake

Comment

The saga gets even worse.. The guys over at FB called Jon on Monday. It would appear that the "high dollar rebuild" on my transmission was nothing more than a painted core. The valve body and everything else is trash..

So , they rebuilt the entire unit and shipped it out to Jon's shop yesterday.. The converter from PTC is being shipped by Monday, so it'll finally come together... And it might even go well this time around!!

Comment

Working...
                                X