Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Well, yes and no, but I have to tread lightly.. Read this response from someone on DC.com:

I'd be careful opening up this can of worms. What if it turns out this car was stolen? Could the previous owner could come claim it.?.. or what if the authorities have an issue with what was done. Not that you will be on the hook legally for anything since you have done nothing wrong...but it could cause you extra hassle. If they decide it's too much of a mess to figure out, then you may have to get a state issued vintag. None of this is the end of the world, mind you, but you have a lot on your plate as it is....BK will just deny it anyway and it could be hard to prove they did anything since these cars change hands a lot in 40 years. You got them on so many things already that it may not be worth your while to make an issue of this....unless the questions you raise lead to someone visiting the shop and catching them redhanded as it's likely this type of thing is business as usual for these folks.

He's absolutely right. I bark up the wrong tree I could be opening a HUGE can of worms.
    Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

Gotcha....certainly don't want to give you another scoop full of badness.

Jeff, I heard a rumor you work in Weymouth...that right?

If you are off of middle street, my office is less than 1/2 mile away. We need to do luch at Capone's some day!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah!! I'm on Libbey Parkway. I've been here for 11 years!!

Where are you??

Comment

Right over on Woodrock Rd....

Make a left on Pleasant St and Moore Rd is the first st on the right...I'm right down in that industrial park.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Right over on Woodrock Rd....

Make a left on Pleasant St and Moore Rd is the first st on the right...I'm right down in that industrial park.

Brian
            That's a riot.. I'm buddies with Daryl, who owns Bob's Collision. I'm down there all the time.. They tore my Z06 down to the frame and did a really hot custom paint job on it......

Comment

Those guys look like a top flite organization. Shop is immaculate looking and the work I've seen from them (repaired cars waiting for pickup) always looks like perfection.

I've been trying to get permission from that little oil company on the right as you come down the hill to go into their truck pen and take photos of a few ancient (probably 1940's era) trucks that are sitting there quietly rotting.

Funny stuff. Let's grab lunch some day if your schedule permits.

Brian

Comment

Alright Ladies.....Enough Flirting...Back to the General. ;D ;D ;D

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                  Alright Ladies.....Enough Flirting...Back to the General. ;D ;D ;D

Seth

Anyways, I took a ride to Jon's and compared the VIN (dash) to the title. It matched. Then we confirmed the body tag DID NOT match the title/VIN, but the #'s on both came up clean when I had the #'s run (not stolen, etc..).

This just keeps getting worse and worse...

Ok, check out some of these pictures. This is how BK professionally installed the decals and then put them under a coat of clear. I've seen decals buried under 6 coats of clear and 6 years later haven't lifted, but then, we all know it's in the prep... Here's how mine look after MONTHS on the car, and NO ONE has peeled these up. The decals on the roof even have overspray all over them, UNDER the clear.. :shruggy:

The flag is absolutely HORRIBLE!!

BK told me they had to slit the decal in the back because "all '69 Charger roof panels have a contour that a decal can't fit" :brickwall:

Overspray:

Torn UNDER the clear:

Comment

Ugh. I really feel for your situation. I almost feel guilty that I am glad it's not happening to me.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      Ugh. I really feel for your situation. I almost feel guilty that I am glad it's not happening to me.
                      I know what you mean. If I were an onlooker to this situation I'd feel the same way.

Comment

We all expect to see burnout photos when you get this done. Big Ones. Lot's 'o smoke. Don't focus on those little nagging issues...Think about the big clouds of tire smoke and thumpin' from that motor!...
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

It looks like the decals have been applied before the the paint have dried.They lift the paint from the primer..

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                            We all expect to see burnout photos when you get this done. Big Ones. Lot's 'o smoke. Don't focus on those little nagging issues...Think about the big clouds of tire smoke and thumpin' from that motor!...
                            Oh don't you worry, they will.. I've already put in that request

Comment

Look for a full feature road test coming this spring here on FJY.com

Brian

Comment

We'll hold you to that. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X