Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Re: Update 1: The Hack-Job General Lee Rebuild Photos

Looks like they are doing some amazing work......

Can't wait to see the next update.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Great job, Brian!!

Jon is indeed doing some amazing work. The car is beginning to look like a car again! I love going to his shop, because every time I walk in there he's accomplished 10 more things but discovered 20 more. No stone will be left unturned by the time this drives out of his shop!!!

As for the rot hole in the front fender, painted over, there's a matching hole in the underside of the hood, so that's going to be turned into a Coke can, too.
      Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

I remember seeing the rot on the underside of the hood. I guess I forgot to aim my camera that way!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          I remembers seeing the rot on the underside of the hood. I guess I forgot to aim my camera that way!

Brian
          Don't feel bad, in the 100 trips I've made to Jon's, I have too.

The only thing I wanted to clarify is that I'm not the guy who paid BK Auto to "build" this car. I am not the one with mega bucks into it (yet). I'm the guy that came in and bought it from Brian (the guy who paid BK Auto for this car) when he went broke. I got it for a fraction of what he had into it... but not cheap enough IMHO.

I do want to thank you though, you are absolutely right about the push bar. I had told Jon it was crooked, but it would make it awfully tough to swap that grille out when I'm ready.

Comment

Incredible work. JB666 thanks for signing up and more for letting Brian come out there and take pictures. I look forward to seeing more of it.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Here's a shot that shows just how crooked the bar was welded on..

Comment

JB, when the car gets repainted, will it be a General Lee again, or are you going another direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  JB, when the car gets repainted, will it be a General Lee again, or are you going another direction?

It'll be a General Lee again, this time with no decals. Jon's friend is doing all of the paint work, which is just as amazing as Jon's work. All graphics will be painted on and cleared over.

See, I've wanted a General since I was 10 years old.. I waited 28 years to buy one.. Then when I saw this one, my blinders were on and I snapped it up as quickly as I could. I ALMOST had it shipped up to me sight unseen.. Oh, wait.. How would that have been any different?

The funny part of this is, they were miracle workers with Bondo. This car LOOKED super straight...

A couple of things I haven't posted anywhere else..

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the word did not hit here that the "freshly rebuilt trans" was crap too. That had to be shipped off to the trans guy for a full rebuild.

Jon couldn't get the shifter into proper adjustment. He went down to the linkage on the side of the trans and there was 1/4 to 1/2 inch of complete slop before it started to actuate anything.

He then pulled the pan off and it was FULL of metal, clutch material, you name it.

The good news is that in moving from back to front, there's not much more left he can discover wrong!

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Did anyone ever get any money back from that first builder?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the word did not hit here that the "freshly rebuilt trans" was crap too. That had to be shipped off to the trans guy for a full rebuild.

Jon couldn't get the shifter into proper adjustment. He went down to the linkage on the side of the trans and there was 1/4 to 1/2 inch of complete slop before it started to actuate anything.

He then pulled the pan off and it was FULL of metal, clutch material, you name it.

The good news is that in moving from back to front, there's not much more left he can discover wrong!

Brian
                        Allow me...

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                          Did anyone ever get any money back from that first builder?
                          From BK Auto? I am in negotiations with them, but nothing has been finalized.

Brian (the guy who bought the General from BK) got nothing back. He never even tried, he actually sold the car before he even had possession of it, or within a week of it. He listed it weeks before it hit his garage.

Comment

Its things like this that just piss me off. I don't know how you are able to be such a good sport about it JB. I'd be down there looking for some payback....
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                              Its things like this that just piss me off. I don't know how you are able to be such a good sport about it JB. I'd be down there looking for some payback....
                              Oh, believe me, I'm pissed.If it wasn't for Jon's attitude of "don't worry about it, I can fix it!" I'd be going through the roof. There is nothing this guy can't do.

Of course I'm paying for it, but you know what? The fact that it's all being done right combined with the fact that I'll be keeping this car until I die makes me feel good. For me, it's an investment.

Comment

Working...
                              X