• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: Genuine Vintage Anglia Gasser

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: Genuine Vintage Anglia Gasser

What a neat car, unchopped as well.

Comment

Gas-class cars could not be chopped or they became Altereds.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
        I just learned something. 8)
        I should?ve known though. >

The first car of this kind I ever saw came to the UK with the Golden Commandos.
        They never tilted the front though or opened the doors while I was around it.
        It had those rose tinted lexan windows.

Comment

how did big johns austin and the such run gas then ? just wondering
          also the bizzyo willys pick up
          oddys austin etc... never heard that before

cool car though

Comment

Hmm...maybe I'm wrong, or perhaps they changed it in the later years. I had done some research on this about a year ago and had some scans of old rulebooks. Perhaps I can find them.

Comment

Hmm...maybe I'm wrong, or perhaps they changed it in the later years. I had done some research on this about a year ago and had some scans of old rulebooks. Perhaps I can find them.
              i believe ya just never heard it and the way rules were changed every other day who knows kool car though
              i will get some pick of all the old gassers around here {oddys,bizzyo,boss hydro ,etc....}{i love my aera lol}

Comment

Go here: http://gassermadness.com/ and click on "History" on the left side.

While not totally complete, it's one of the better summaries I've read.
                "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

According to that, top chops became legal in '64, so I stand corrected.

Comment

I like this feature, wonder if they will take vital organs on trade.

Comment

I am sitting in the Hot Rod archives as I write this, looking at photos of this Anglie when it was at the 1967 Winternationals. It had the Hummer lettering on it by then. Very cool. Shame I can't scan and post.

Comment

You could always just steal the stuff like other godless hacks have done in the past.

CURSE those A-holes.

I could direct you to a box of loose crap I piled through down there that was AWESOME.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          I could direct you to a box of loose crap I piled through down there that was AWESOME.
                          You'd have to narrow that down to which of the 48 stacks of unfiled, randome, awesome crap you mean.

Looks like that little Anglia ran the HRM Drags for a few years, too.

Comment

From where you're sitting go straight down the aisle make a right....ahhhh never mind. It's old Super Stock stuff that I think Rob told me was unusable due to ownership rights and stuff.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Curiously, of all the vintage Anglia gasser pics I've looked at (which is a lot) I've never seen a Ford powered one.
                              SBC, BBC, Hemi and now GMC, but no SBF or FE.
                              I would have expected that a Shelby spec 289 with Webers would have been the hot ticket for C or D gas Anglia back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X