Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Review: The Design and Tuning of Competition Engines

Re: Book Review: The Design and Tuning of Competition Engines

Has anyone heard or read anymore about Bruce Crower of Crower Cams 6 - stroke engine. I heard it uses a full cycle in steam the gas strokes to run with no coolant system and use high compression.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

A 6-stroke engine?

You have my attention.

Looks like another book to add for the list....Brian, I may need a rehash of the tomes featured so far.....one hell of a list.

Comment

Ya, suck, squeeze, bang, steam in, steam out, blow, or something like that. I'm sure someone real smart [ read politician ] will kill it before it takes off. Check SnowTech magazines Jan/Feb 2009 issue on page 60 for more info. Check out Cummins Diesels steam/diesel engine on their web site too. Pretty neat stuff for the gearhead. ;D
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I have that book in my collection and it's OK but not nearly as good as Gordon Blair's book. You can buy it on amazon here:

What I like about this book is the high level of detail in describing the physics of how an engine works. It is not an easy read but if you study it you will be rewarded a much greater knowledge of our beloved internal combustion engines.

Comment

Working...
          X