Friday's Excuse Why I Went to Bed Early on New Year's Eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friday's Excuse Why I Went to Bed Early on New Year's Eve

When on a mission, weather is a little nuisance. I think I would have bundled up a tad more (I wear a full body Dickies suit, one of the brown ones) but despite all going against you, you stayed with it until the job was done, awesome.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

LOL.....

Brian, I figured your Irish ass was gettin' rotted whilst I was hammer-down from just east of St. Louis towards home(Indy).....the shop at the home terminal is slower than a 7-year itch, brakes on the tractor and an oil change...... :

Shows what I get for figuring......hope your wife is more understanding than mine is.

Mine would be laughing hysterically at the notion of a frost-bitten ass.

Comment

This is why you should have a Cub Cadet. Any parts I've ever needed for my 124 (vintage 1969) or 1250 (1975) are only a phone call away. That 1250 plows snow like crazy.

Comment

I'm kinda partial to my little '76 Wheel Horse A-100, myself.....that Worthington could drive over it and never stop to notice, though.

Comment

Outstanding! Man, and I thought dropping a tranny for a clutch replacement in 10 degree weather was a bitch! ;D

Comment

You a are a badass Brian! That's an awesome story. ;D
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Sunday, 6pm , just got home from snowmobiling in Tug Hill N.Y. Snow was at the bottom of the letters on the stop signs. I saw alot of what we would call a "doddle bug " In my travels today so don't feel alone Brian. Every guy using something like this had the same look on his face, doing more with less. We here in the northeast like to call it creative snow removal. Hell, any one can go to The Home Depot and buy a snowblower. JOB WELL DONE B.L.!!!!!!!!!! P.S. that thing is cryin' out for some slot mags. ;D
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

The weatherfolks said "snow is done for now".... apparently their definition of "now" is a bit different then mine (must have got their dictionary from the same folks that supplied Clinton with his).... it's snowed 3" in the last hour and getting colder....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well that's one heck of a battle you waged and I give you lots of extra credit for doing all that work outside while it was storming.... I'm also glad to not be the only one that gets tunnel vision when frustrated (rebuilding the starter again while it was the battery all along)

I'm awfully glad your wife is an understanding sort - and you guys didn't have any blacktie high $$ party to get to that night.

There's not many things more satisfying than a well earned good nights sleep - even with a frost bitten butt.

nicely done.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Brian, this whole story reminds me of a joke, How do you turn a dish washer into a snowblower? Tell your Wife to go out and shovel the driveway! :P
                      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Brian, that is one FUGLY tractor but I LOVE it!

Comment

Mark...welcome to the party!

Fellow Junkies, my man Higgy is a master home beer brewer dude and ace bracket racer.

When I first started racing with my dad, Higgy competed in the most hideous looking (but deadly consistent) 68(?) Camaro the world has ever known.

The best part was the name of the car, which was "IT", written in tape on the door.

Dude, you are SO gonna be right at home here.

Thanks for joining up!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                          X