Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's Excuse Why I Went to Bed Early on New Year's Eve

Re: Friday's Excuse Why I Went to Bed Early on New Year's Eve

Duuuude, that is EPIC! Triumph of man over nature, and ENTROPY.

Weighing the discomfort of capture, swearing, frostbite, LMAO...

If old iron has personality, your tractor is thanking you, and it had as much fun plowing as you did!

Comment

Okay, now after a day or two, how's your frostbite? Man, what dedication. I have trouble doing stuff out side if it is in the 40's let alone below freezing and having inches of snow blowing around. Oh, and did you plow the snowblower's drive way for him? Thanks for the story...

Comment

Don't you just love those victories over hurdles in life that seem like small things to other people? To you, it was WWII all over again. The Nazis (those parts store profitiers), the commy with the snow blower, and your arch nemisis the... The Tractor were all allied against you for the common cause of defeating you and sending into downward cellar bound spriral. The kind that makes you piddle around down there and question your own mechanical ability and why you don't just go and buy a new tractor. Or worse..... a snow blower.

(Enter the trumpet in the background)
        Just know that we the Junkyardians ( Junkies... whatever) are with you. We know the inward struggle behind the mad dash for having functional machinery. We understand the reward at the end of the struggle when the enemy lies in the driveway... tamed... after serving it's purpose and being subdued by a superior mind.

So, here's to you Mr. Gotta-get-my-tractor-running-so-I-can-plow-the -driveway-and-defeat-the-snowblower-conqueor-the-machinery-be-a-hero-to-my-son-and-not-have-junk-in-the-driveway-.....man.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

You are the KING, never give up and fight like your taking your last breath!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

that story is almost like an episode of walker texas ranger ( or any good guy wins show)...beat down in the middle, but concours in the end!

Comment

I hit the parts trail again with a renewed zeal learning the hard way that old three quarter and one-ton truck parts are about 10 times more expensive than old half-ton truck parts and twice as hard to get.
              Yep, just ask Freiburger about the time he dropped his 65 F-250 off at a local shop to have a brake job done!

Comment

"Party on Wayne!!" That's awesome, I love old tractors, they are great.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by King Matt
                  I hit the parts trail again with a renewed zeal learning the hard way that old three quarter and one-ton truck parts are about 10 times more expensive than old half-ton truck parts and twice as hard to get.
                  Yep, just ask Freiburger about the time he dropped his 65 F-250 off at a local shop to have a brake job done!
                  No, don't ask me about that.

Comment

No frostbite? didn't even get your tongue stuck to the pump handle?

Great story! we didn't even light a fire New Year's Eve, it was so nice and warm.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                      Okay, now after a day or two, how's your frostbite? Man, what dedication. I have trouble doing stuff out side if it is in the 40's let alone below freezing and having inches of snow blowing around. Oh, and did you plow the snowblower's drive way for him? Thanks for the story...
                      great story and conquest over all in front of you-heck, I hate going outside if it is 50 and drizzling a little here in the land of fruits and nuts, having grown up in Pa.,Mich., and Ohio-I hate the cold!! I can remember laying in snow and ice filled gutters changing starters on chevys at zero degrees in my youthful exuberance-I must have been insane!
                      67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Call Mr. Plow,
                        That's my name,
                        That name again
                        Is Mr. Plow.

;D

Comment

I've got a 32x40 shop, and an attached 2-car garage... and things are so packed in both that I've been known to set up the swap meet 10x10 EZ Up tent over the Suburban to work out in the driveway when it starts to rain, or it's like 120-degrees in the Georgia July sun.

Bet it'd work for snow too!

That tractor ROCKS. congrats on getting it plow-worthy.

Now go get some 1-inch wide, 1/4-inch thick flat stock material and build a frame work for some army-surplus canvas hood sides to blow that nice warm air back over you.

Can you imagine driving around in the same weather with warm air and a seat cushion? You'd only come off it to refuel.

-Brad

Comment

Nope. This Junkyardian is NOT with this idiot. I got OUT of that crap ASAP (but it took about 55 years or so). If he wants to flog hisself, that's his bizness. I have enjoyed 5 winters with nary a scoop of a shovel. Although this year I probably will - have a lean-to to build on the back of the shop. Yesterday was too cold, as it didn't get past 45 or so - today is mid-60's and beautiful.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                              Nope. This Junkyardian is NOT with this idiot. I got OUT of that crap ASAP (but it took about 55 years or so). If he wants to flog hisself, that's his bizness. I have enjoyed 5 winters with nary a scoop of a shovel. Although this year I probably will - have a lean-to to build on the back of the shop. Yesterday was too cold, as it didn't get past 45 or so - today is mid-60's and beautiful.

Dan
                              Geeze Dan, what a 100 miles will do. It hasn't gotten over 45 yet here today!

Comment

Working...
                              X