• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip Eagan. Member of Tucker Design Team, Dies

Re: Phillip Eagan. Member of Tucker Design Team, Dies

Sheesh, the loss of another Icon.

Comment

How ironic that Mr. Eagan should pass just as we began thinking of that very interesting car once again.

Comment

That is a shame, My Dad got that movie for me when i was younger. I really dug it, I liked how it wasn't sugar coated.They tried to stay correct even down to the backstage fire durring the unvieling.
        Plus how the mans spirit was not broke, Even in the end with his little propane powered Fridge.
        Quite the genius, I would have loved to been apart of something so unique.
        Another one down, unfortunettly i don't feel those of my generation can fill the shoes being left behind.
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by min301
          fair question here, would you know who this guy was if you hadn't read it here?
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            Originally posted by min301
            fair question here, would you know who this guy was if you hadn't read it here?
            Some would.

But, did you know the car he helped design.
            Sometimes being apart of the scheme is as as important as being the schemer.
            Chris

Comment

I'd never heard of the "Tucker" before I saw the movie. I know *zlich* about car history, but hanging out with DF and Chad is a quick way to learn!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

True, True :D

You should look into it then, use this as a starting point.
                It's a really cool piece. The frist "Production American" Rear engine car (postwar).
                The frirst with pop out windshield, padded Door openings, Turning lamps (one central)
                Seat belts standard. Arguablly the safest car of the era.
                Imagine how supieor American iron might be if the 3 Had to play catchup with him.

Preston Tucker Also designed alot of military vehicles.

It's an incredible story that needs to be remembered. (If nothing else to prove once and for all the big 3 does not like compition, can anyone say John Delorian.) Bastids
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X