Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Tools Dumps Kalitta

Re: Mac Tools Dumps Kalitta

Well, I guess racing is not the first thing people think of when they are under employed or unemployed, thus ticket sales drops and sponsors disappear. Its happening all over racing right now. I think you rightly said it when you suggested this may be the time for the little guy in racing to reappear. I hope so.

Comment

My district manager told me they were cutting back the motorsports program. I figured they'd dump Jr, not Kalitta.
      I don't think ticket sales factor in as heavily due to TV exposure being so much greater than live spectator exposure.
      This sucks.

Comment

Anyone know if they're gonna drop NASCAR teams too? I think they still sponsor Roush and Hendrick, if not more...

Comment

Well, to be fair, they're not the "primary" sponsors in that realm(last primary sponsorship in NASCAR by MAC tools was for the late Davey Allison, the RYR#28 in the old Busch series), so it may not be quite as expensive for them in that arena.

That being said, I don't care what discipline of motor sports we're talking about, they're ALL gonna feel the cruch real quick. Hate it for the folks that are depending on those sposor dollars for a paycheck to feed/house their families.

Damn....the hits keep coming for the Kalitta clan. Hope 2009 is kinder to Connie, Doug and the rest of the family.

Comment

Could this be the year of Arley Langlo?????

Comment

Nah....Arley will still be blowin' shit up all over the place. :D

It would be awesome to see him show up and kick some ass though.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Gee Brian, Arley just drives the damn thing. Jay Roach is the tuner............. ;D
                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Just ask Jay and he'll tell you everything was fine till Arley hit the gas. :D

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Mac is owned by Stanley Tools as well as the company I work for. There cutting costs and people accross the board. Like one out of 10. Simply survival in the financial jungle .

Comment

And Stanley is in a world of hurt.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                      X