Let's Play Name That Funny Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Play Name That Funny Car!

Justed called the guy back [super nice guy]. It's just a body that drag raced in the northeast and that was turned into a 2wd puller called Bad To The Bone and its a Dodge Daytona. It is just the body [yard art] but, it does have the chute and all the tin work inside. He made some axles from parts[57 Chevy rear] he had so he can roll it around. The old Chevy p/u is a 41 and is still for sale. I told him about the "junkyard" and to come join us. He said he would!!!!!
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Awesome sleuth work and PR!

Comment

Thanks DF. Couldn't wait to share the info. I hope some better pictures of it are in our future.

Comment

Kudos to those that thought 2WD puller. What a bunch of hardcore gearheads around here.

Comment

I wonder if this could have been an old Bunny Burkett body. I think her home track was Beaver Springs in central PA?

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
              Kudos to those that thought 2WD puller. What a bunch of hardcore gearheads around here.
              I'm patting myself on the back right now....he he. ;)

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

the fella in question is my best friend and is a total gear head junkaholic anyone in the area should stp by and chat with him i will be posting a better pic in the future for you guys he asked me to help him out and the truck in question is a 41 chevy pickup and it is for sale

Comment

Thanks for joining us!

Comment

Here is a site you guys might like, if you haven't seen it already. www.70sfunnycars.com

Comment

We've been through that in the past few weeks, but thanks a lot for joining us!

Comment

Originally posted by inrustwetrust
                        the fella in question is my best friend and is a total gear head junkaholic anyone in the area should stp by and chat with him i will be posting a better pic in the future for you guys he asked me to help him out and the truck in question is a 41 chevy pickup and it is for sale
                        Sounds like a trip is in order. I can get to Saratoga Springs in about an hour, and even though we now know what it is, it might be cool to see. Maybe get some better pics too.

Comment

well here is a beter pic of the car fellas he doesn't know any history on the car if anybody has any knowledge please post it

Comment

Totally an old puller. Look at the hole where the motor would have sat wayyyyyy out front.

It had drag history judging by the notch at the base of the windshield.

Cool yard art.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

THANK YOU Saratogo Springs Guys for the picture!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X