Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: Former Hot Rod Magazine Monte Carlo

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: Former Hot Rod Magazine Monte Carlo

"We will consider any reasonable offer." ???
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I agree it's not worth $75k, no matter the mag coverage. The engine was one of those smog compliant builds of the time, so it's not really that hot especially with that tiny Edelbrock cam. I also remember the green 55 Chevy of the time.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I agree, it's got dated wheels, stock interior, etc. not 75,000, a nice car, but that kind of change

Comment

I hope he still isn't paying around $5 for gas....
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

For 75k, I want my ebay adds proof read. Three angle "values" and "duel" exhausts. Something about misspellings smacks of cheapness...

Comment

I should be able to buy three cars just like this for 75k.

Comment

Gee - for 75K I'd at least expect a set of 36" rims and some big gold flake pearl mettalic panel paint job.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I really like Monte's and there is no way in hell id pay 40g's for one nevermind 75.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                    Gee - for 75K I'd at least expect a set of 36" rims and some big gold flake pearl mettalic panel paint job.

ha!

Comment

LMAO! 75k! Do you get full service for the asking price? ;)

Comment

For 75 k it should have a bumper to bumper life time warrenty. And some other color of paint .

Comment

For 75k I'd expect a happy ending.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Those big-name auction days are finished. Of course, there's the fact that this car infiltrated Edelbrock's inner sanctum "Test Facility" 18 years ago. That must be one special 350 small block. I'm getting goosebumps, what with it cloaked in Hot Rod Magazine folklore too. The MSD 6A ignition is just pure gravy.

A recent Hot Rod Magazine issue featured a $1.3 million Mustang that broke down and 350 Chevy build-up that made 420-ish HP.

Comment

Ya know...I read about that 1.3 mil mustang...seems to me that's a 200K car with 1.1 mil of labor costs. you'd think all that labor would make it reliable...
                              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X