Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahle Motorsport Web Site now Online

Re: Mahle Motorsport Web Site now Online

Hmmm, where's I've been for the past 90 years, this is a brand name I've never heard of before. They must never have advertised.

Comment

They have been making OE and F1 pistons and only entered the aftermarket about five years ago.

I think Mahle invented forged pistons.

Comment

OK, a supplier, but when I read "Mahle, a name we're sure you are familiar with" I'm saying oh really?

Comment

Well known, actually.

Comment

I'd say to the average "hot rodder" the much more familiar brand names for pistons would have been Jahns, TRW, Venolia, Ross, Arias, etc. at least as the advertised brand. But I read Mahle has 48,000 employes so obviously they are the major supplier, but I've not thumbed through a Jeg's catalog for a couple years!

Comment

OK, no wonder the name was not a familiar one, I read this:

These original equipment customers trust in MAHLE throughout the world.

Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Bedford, Case New Holland, Caterpillar, Citro?n, Daewoo, DAF, Deutz, Fiat, Ford, Hatz, Honda, IHC, Isuzu, Iveco, John Deere, Lada, Lancia, Land Rover, Leyland, MAN, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Mitsubishi, MWM, Nissan, Opel, Pegaso, Perkins, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Rover, RVI, Saab, Scania, Seat, Skoda, Steyr, Suzuki, Toyota, Triumph, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Zetor.

I'm a Mopar guy.

Comment

Their stuff has peeked it's way into the mags for a couple years as they have slowed established themselves as a potential source for performance parts. They aren't to the name recognition level of Arias, that's for sure.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They've had an aftermarket push for several years...seemingly it failed.

Comment

If you check out the sort of collector car magazines -- the kind that someone's grandfather* might read for a reproduction DeSoto alternator bracket -- you'll find adverts for their products.

*Not meant to be a remark against younger folk who are looking for a reproduction DeSoto alternator bracket.

Comment

I bought a set of Mahle pistons for my 454 and found them more reasonable in price than any others. Also couldn't find any bad reviews about their product. I rebuilt the engine trying to solve an oil consumption problem and talked to one of their tech guys. He told me they are well known for oil control. They have me sold. Haven't had any problems and solved the oil consumption issue.

Comment

I knew about their pistons,but I didn't know they made all that other stuff. I didn't know that they are such a big company either.

Comment

I've got them in my 383 LT1.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                          X