Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NHRA Heritage Series Dates Announced

Re: 2009 NHRA Heritage Series Dates Announced

May have to catch one of the Illinois events or the one in Bowling Green, KY......

Makes me wonder why there isn't something scheduled for Indy?

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
      Makes me wonder why there isn't something scheduled for Indy?
      Take a look at the Goodguys drag racing schedule, they have 4 or 5 races and I think Indy is one of them, it was last year.

Comment

The heritage series is sanctioned by the NHRA through the museum. It is up to each track to put on the race. The Hot Rod Reunions are the only races under direct control of NHRA. When Goodguys ran the nostalgia series we had an owners meeting and talked about Indy. There wasn't much favor in it for two reasons. First you can almost count on it getting rained on, and it's a REALLY long way away from California. The sad truth of it is that probably 80% of the Pro cars that are competitive are based in California.

Comment

It looks like they had plenty of "pro" cars last June at Goog-guys Indy race, the midwest has a lot of nostalgia cars and funny cars now.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/race...oodguys-1.html

And they are running The Hot Rod Nationals & Nostalgia Drags on Jun. 12 - Jun. 14, 2009 at O'Reilly Raceway Park

here is the link to the Good-guys schedule for this year
          http://www.good-guys.com/events/even...aspx?year=2009

Comment

Top fuel and Funny car are the only classes that Goodguys are running that aren't on an index or a bracket. That is what I meant by Pro ( T/F F/C A/F J/f AA/Gas)

Comment

Working...
            X