• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized Freak of the Week: Morgan Three-Wheelers

Re: Motorized Freak of the Week: Morgan Three-Wheelers

Yeah the Morgans are cool. ;D
    I learned about those while i was young. Since it's my last name
    of cource when i found out that there was a company that built old style british cars.
    Even better.

I think it's iteresting that they stayed in production forever. Even the
    newer Aero 8 mainains some of the styling.
    Thanks for sharing this with those who might not have known.

If you google a slide pillar front suspension they instantly come up.
    Only company that uses it.
    Chris ( Morgan ) :

The classic roadster made forever.

This is the Le Mans version Aero 8. (notice the cross eyes) headlamps.

Personally i dug the first aero 8, this is the revision for those
    who didn't care for the light placement.

Comment

A lady who worked in the office at the dealership here is married to a guy whose company does a lot of resto work on British cars, including Morgans. In their own fleet, they have a 3 wheeler Mog that they would bring to the dealership's annual classic car show ... it always attracted a crowd. And be careful not to burn your leg on the exhaust when stepping out of the car!!

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Morgan was not the only company to produce 3 wheelers in the early part of the 20th century. I beleive they were popular because they were small, inexpensive, and taxed less than four wheeled vehicles. Morgans with four wheels used at least a partial wood frame even into the late 1960's (or maybe later). Tradition dies hard sometimes. Still there is just something about Morgans that makes me want one bad.

Comment

When you look at the power-to-weight ratio of some of the V8 models, you have to think they would be a blast to drive.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
            Morgan was not the only company to produce 3 wheelers in the early part of the 20th century. I beleive they were popular because they were small, inexpensive, and taxed less than four wheeled vehicles. Morgans with four wheels used at least a partial wood frame even into the late 1960's (or maybe later). Tradition dies hard sometimes. Still there is just something about Morgans that makes me want one bad.
            The body panels were all secured to a wooden body frame (made of ash) on the Plus-4 and Plus-8 models for many years. The chassis, however, was always made of steel.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

When I was tot sized a guy in our road had a bond three wheeler.
              Having three wheels you could drive them with a motorcycle licence
              the idea was it was a "motorcycle & sidecar".The motor being attached
              to the front single wheel could turn to 90? thus turning the car in it?s
              own length.They were I believe kick started, lift the hood, leg in. ;D

Here?s a later version, yuk !!

Comment

Anything that can pull a wheel is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                  Originally posted by JRoberts
                  The body panels were all secured to a wooden body frame (made of ash) on the Plus-4 and Plus-8 models for many years. The chassis, however, was always made of steel.

Ron
                  Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

What language are they speaking? Both license plates show FB, which is Friedberg, located about 15 miles away from Frankfurt am Main. The language they're speaking is the local language used, which is one of many variations of a class of languages of lower German. Though they are in Hessen, their dialect is virtually indistinguishable from that of the neighboring province of Rheinland Pfalz, only 20 miles away, where I spent a few years of my youth. When the driver is trying to start up the Harley, he quips, "now it's going to get ugly!"
                    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

The 3-wheeler is cool, but I'm a sucker for the offerings from Milwaukee.

Absolutely BITCHIN' that this H-D is being used for what it was made for....and not just collecting dust in some damn museum.

I'd wager Willie G. would approve.

Comment

January 19'th Jay Leno's Garage is hosting a video on the
                        Morgan 3 wheeler.
                        So next monday you'll get to see Jay squeeze into that little thing.
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X