No announcement yet.

Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappage

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappage

This might be another good time for those that are NOT part of SEMA to join?

They seem to be the only group that can take the fight to the right lobbyists'- to get our voice heard.

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappa

I sent an e-mail to speaker Polosi on monday. I thought this past tues. was the day they were going to vote on this? Was I wrong?

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappage

A Ruling like this would crush the aftermarket parts business and Garages all over the country. Millions of people would be out of work. Even more than the Manufacturers and their greedy cult of A-holes.

Comment

I sent my letter too, I sure hope it helps. Thank God for SEMA indeed.

stoopid politicians!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The basic foundation that this program tries to stand on is the logic that if people are given tax credits for ditching their old cars than they will buy brand new cars from the manufacturers and boost their business.
            Great, encouragement of more consumer debt. Only the latest dangling a carrot to get the same crowd enticed to buy houses they couldn't pay for. Politicians know these dopes will buy into this latest 'free money' BS.

The only thing this will boost is the number of repos sitting at auctions.

This is just a test. If this little ploy fails, The next step will be outragious 'fees' for trying to register what they consider a non compliant (old) vehicle. The next step after that will result in our vehicles being taken away by force.

No, I'm not nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncommonly Thrifty
              The next step will be outragious 'fees' for trying to register what they consider a non compliant (old) vehicle.
              In California, we're already there. All registration fees will be nearly doubled in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                The next step will be outragious 'fees' for trying to register what they consider a non compliant (old) vehicle.
                In California, we're already there. All registration fees will be nearly doubled in 2009.
                Isn't that from an expiration of a law that reduced registration costs? I haven't checked in a few years, but I thought there was a temporary registration cost break passed some time in the late 90's that the legislature kept extending to keep themselves in office.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: A Federal Push for Old-Car Scrappa

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                  Originally posted by Freiburger
                  Isn't that from an expiration of a law that reduced registration costs? I haven't checked in a few years, but I thought there was a temporary registration cost break passed some time in the late 90's that the legislature kept extending to keep themselves in office.

No, it's our Governator reinstating a law that our previous recalled governor gave us before he got outed and our current Governator used as ammo against him on the campaign trail. Thanks Arnold. :
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

When will politicians understand that the biggest 'gross polluter' on EARTH is just plain old TRAFFIC. We need a fix!

Comment

Working...
                    X