Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodguys' Fuel Altered Match-Race Series

Re: Goodguys' Fuel Altered Match-Race Series

This will be great. I don't much care for the "Transformer" Altereds, sticking a roadster body on a funny car chassis. Proper Fuel Altereds travel a half mile to get down the quarter mile.

Comment

When NANOOK (AA Altereds deserve all caps) ran at Indy for the 50th it was magic, may have to go to good guys at Indy.

Comment

I'd rather see 'em at Beech bend, the coolest mainstream track out there.

Comment

I'd like to have seen the "Winged T Express" in the mix somewhere. I know about 2 years ago I was listening to "Mousey Marcellous" out at York and he said the GG's were trying to work out some kind of a deal with him?

Comment

Mainstream?

MEH.....Indy is just 11 miles from the driveway, you can guarn-damn-tee I'll be THERE.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
              I'd like to have seen the "Winged T Express" in the mix somewhere. I know about 2 years ago I was listening to "Mousey Marcellous" out at York and he said the GG's were trying to work out some kind of a deal with him?
              It would be cool to see the Winged Express in the mix, after talking to Rich G at Beech Bend, there doesn't seem to be alot of love between him and Mousie.
              And everybody knows dislike makes everybody run harder.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by THUNDERBIRD86
                When NANOOK (AA Altereds deserve all caps) ran at Indy for the 50th it was magic, may have to go to good guys at Indy.
                I was there, seeing the Winged Express on fri night....f-ing priceless!
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

the houghs are great people! they run their car HARD!! no messin around! talked to dave 2005 at Columbus, got one of their t-shirts for a $15 "donation"!! (it was an NHRA big show race). Same year at Indy Goodguys hung out with Mousie for awhile, neat guy! great stories,pulled his Drag Racing Hall of Fame ring out of his pocket and handed it to me to check out!! This was after he had known me for oh about five minutes!! NEAT STUFF!! if any of you guys come to Indy,let me know. i live about two miles west in Brownsburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    I'd rather see 'em at Beech bend, the coolest mainstream track out there.
                    Or maybe George Rays? Hardly "Mainstream" though. Perhaps AA/FA's running there would get the spectators away from the chicken wire "guardrails" at that place.

Comment

This is the best thing ever, especially since I was not born when the Match Race Madness of the AA/FA was all the rage. A picture is worth a thoudand words....al I have to say is:

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofunny
                        the houghs are great people! they run their car HARD!! no messin around! talked to dave 2005 at Columbus, got one of their t-shirts for a $15 "donation"!! (it was an NHRA big show race). Same year at Indy Goodguys hung out with Mousie for awhile, neat guy! great stories,pulled his Drag Racing Hall of Fame ring out of his pocket and handed it to me to check out!! This was after he had known me for oh about five minutes!! NEAT STUFF!! if any of you guys come to Indy,let me know. i live about two miles west in Brownsburg.

No kidding?

Nice to know the Hoosier contingent is growing yet again (there's more than a few of us Hoosiers on here that have gathered together for some fun)......perhaps we'll all meet up somewhere?

Comment

I am in Linton Indiana. I usually go to GOodguys and would love to see this one but I will be at Chevellabration that week

Good to see fellow hoosiers on here. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                            Mainstream?

MEH.....Indy is just 11 miles from the driveway, you can guarn-damn-tee I'll be THERE.
                            i wish it is 11 hours for me

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
                              This will be great. I don't much care for the "Transformer" Altereds, sticking a roadster body on a funny car chassis. Proper Fuel Altereds travel a half mile to get down the quarter mile.
                              X10 Im going to ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X