Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Teams are Right-Sizing

Re: NASCAR Teams are Right-Sizing

Good old corporate double talk that we're all too happy to ignore until it lands on us individually. I prefer Japanese business models, that some American companies have adopted where cuts start at the top where in most cases the trouble started to begin with. It all stinks to me when companies will pay multi million dollar bonuses while simultaneously laying people off.
    It reminds me of the manufacturers crying to congress after flying there in high style.

I'm not usually a believer in conspiracy's, but when I look at what's going on, America is being gutted like a fish all in the name of a bad economy. It's like a license to steal, our government, and corporations are all running one giant Ponzi scam.

Comment

I disagree. We the people are getting what we have set ourselves up for.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle

In the spring, they'll be hiring kids at half price. "We over-corrected". I understand the routine all to well - there's nothing new here but the verbiage and volume.
        - Yup.

It's really too bad. But not suprising given today's business climate. Sucks to see the corruption making it's way into racing.

Bob Nardelli = naval lint.

Comment

While I understand the logic, I called a couple guys I know down in Mooresville and asked what they thought about the numbers on this list and they said they felt that it's accurate.

They also said that those jobs are gonzo, like not coming back or to be filled with green horns.

Those teams a re 24/7 365 operations, there's nothing left seasonal about them.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Let's not forget DEI and Ganassi merged so there was overlap that you knew would be addressed sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
              Have you done something we should know about? I guessing you're like most of us, hard working, and a contributor to the tax system, work force, and the economy on as many levels as most. So what have we done to set our selfs up for this? I see executives doing irresponsible things all the time, selling companies, and then getting golden parachutes to leave on while working people at all levels get the boot. A company my wife works for was sold and the OUT going president left with a total of over 70 million. I love our country, and I'm a fan of capitalism, but there's lots of raping going on right now in the "bad economy" name that's just an excuse to plunder.

If we're guilty of anything it's for not from as far back as Enron, seeing the raped employees running down the street with some executive heads on a pike.

Comment

Originally posted by dthemi
                Originally posted by dagenesta
                Have you done something we should know about? I guessing you're like most of us, hard working, and a contributor to the tax system, work force, and the economy on as many levels as most. So what have we done to set our selfs up for this? I see executives doing irresponsible things all the time, selling companies, and then getting golden parachutes to leave on while working people at all levels get the boot. A company my wife works for was sold and the OUT going president left with a total of over 70 million. I love our country, and I'm a fan of capitalism, but there's lots of raping going on right now in the "bad economy" name that's just an excuse to plunder.

If we're guilty of anything it's for not from as far back as Enron, seeing the raped employees running down the street with some executive heads on a pike.
                there ought to be a law !!!
                who would be the czar of salaries ?

Comment

Americans make too much money. period. It is now a global market (free trade agreements) We are unable to compete at the standard of living we all now enjoy. It is impossible to 'raise' the standard of living globally to match ours. Therefore our standard of living will fall (gradually we hope) until an equilibriun is reached with the rest of the world.
                  We are not to talk about politics in this forum......for good reason. I wanna be a Nascar driver. will anyone out here loan me the money to buy a ride? I hear they are going cheap now.... It's a buyer's market.......
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                    Americans make too much money. period. It is now a global market (free trade agreements) We are unable to compete at the standard of living we all now enjoy. It is impossible to 'raise' the standard of living globally to match ours. Therefore our standard of living will fall (gradually we hope) until an equilibriun is reached with the rest of the world.
                    Well...you go right ahead and live in 3rd world conditions if you want...me - I'm gonna fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                      We are not to talk about politics in this forum......for good reason. I wanna be a Nascar driver. will anyone out here loan me the money to buy a ride? I hear they are going cheap now.... It's a buyer's market.......
                      WTF

OK Mr. Castro.

Comment

Having just moved from concord NC to Ohio I know alot of guys working for differant teams .Some do make alot of money, they also dont have much time for a home life .That said THE SUPER TEAMS have and others have not There are some nationwide teams with less than 10 people,of course they buy everything frolm a Super teams Nascar is forever ruined .They have priced themselves into this mess 17 MILLION a year for a primary sponsor COME ON get REAL

Comment

Originally posted by dthemi
                          I see executives doing irresponsible things all the time, selling companies, and then getting golden parachutes to leave on while working people at all levels get the boot. A company my wife works for was sold and the OUT going president left with a total of over 70 million.
                          I realize this is borderline politics... but.. can you explain what's wrong with a company being sold, if the owners decide to do that? If I am the president of a company and offered a buyout, maybe I own a chunk of that company, why is it wrong to refuse any amount of money? what's he supposed to do, give it to the guy pushing the broom whose only responsibility is to show up for work at 8am?

Perhaps the problem with the average American is that they're too quick to make a judgement of "good" or "bad" versus spending a little time doing homework, before making some crazy post on the internet how all "executives" are the root of evil :
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I think in many cases, at least ones I have seen in publishing, we're not talking about an owner. We're talking about a biz-school guy who gets a lot of stock options to take a CEO job, then takes over, overspends, puts the company in debt, damages operations, the escapes by negotiating a sale of the company and makes huge bank for his "work." It seems to happen in every public company.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                              I think in many cases, at least ones I have seen in publishing, we're not talking about an owner. We're talking about a biz-school guy who gets a lot of stock options to take a CEO job, then takes over, overspends, puts the company in debt, damages operations, the escapes by negotiating a sale of the company and makes huge bank for his "work." It seems to happen in every public company.

raise your hand if you'd turn down a CEO job with a golden parachute. I know, I got a "parachute" to cover my ass in case I lost a certain job I worked at, and I was meeting 100% of the goals I set before the job started, when the whimsical owner decided he wanted a new direction. So, I'd love to hear from the guy who turned down a safety net. Anyone?
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X