X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang13
    replied
    Re: The Top 11 Coolest-Ever TV and Movie Trucks

I know the Truckers would show up to this post.

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

What about Sonny and Will's KW 900l from the TV show Move N' On? I was a truckers kid, go figure. Mr. Myjestic's Ford pick-up from the Bronson movie. Blue Mule Ford COE in Jan Micheal Vincent movie[ can't think of the name] and lets not forget the Rubber Duck Mack from Convey.

Leave a comment:

• oldrustycars
    replied

Not to split hairs, but the Duel Peterbilt was a 1956 281. The rear axle was just a tag, not powered. If it came from the factory with a twin screw, both rear axles powered, it would be a 381. Also, Dennis Weavers Valiant was 318 powered, not a slant 6. You can see the emblems on the front fenders, they were only on the V8 models.
    As a trucker, I'd have to mess with this list. B J McKays VIT100 Kenworth, Rubber Ducks RS700L Mack, Will and Sonny's W900 from Movin' On, but thats just me. By the way, theres a surviving truck from both Duel and Convoy, search the St. Louis Dump Trucks site. They like to scare the crap outta people taking the Duel truck out for a drive.

Leave a comment:

• purplecobra
    replied

How about the 79 F-250 from the movie To live and Die in L.A.? Lift kit, full roll cage My fav truck! William Peterson(CSI fame) drove it.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

What I liked about Duel was how Dennis Weaver's character was a spineless dork, afraid of his own shadow and no one would help him deal with this nut in the truck and he finally has to rely on himself and grow a pair.

Leave a comment:

• Gary 351C
    replied

I can't even count how many times I've seen Duel, I never had a whole lot of sympathy for Dennis Weaver's character for some reason, and I still cringe when that cool old Peterbilt goes over the cliff. And as far as coolest trucks, Sonny Pruit's Kenworth from Movin' On. That show had a huge influence on me when I was 12.

Leave a comment:

• Teddyzee
    replied

That movie Duel haunted me as I kid. Saw it on TV, I thought I had dreamed it all... weird.

My other standouts, which sound cheesy as I write them, are the convertable S truck on Simon & Simon, "John's" rig on CHiPs, and as mentioned, the big honkin' KW on BJ & the Bear.

Cool list.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Originally posted by pushrodpower
    You can't leave off the Ford F Series from Buckaroo Banzai.

Fantastic movie!!!!

It starred none other than Peter Weller, John Lithgow and Jeff Goldblum among others, this movie gained a HUGE cult following. Good stuff! Watch it and count how many characters first names are John.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Boog
    replied

Yeah, I had a '76 Chevy shortbed 4X4 and a '81 Chevy longbed 2wd which I used as a business tow vehicle for a few years. On a quiet night, you could sit on the porch and listen to them rust...

The '76 had a 350 with a cam and headers, Edelbrock intake with a 650 holley, tho...in low range of the transfer case it would reach top speed (about 60) in about 5 seconds or less while tearing your head off...

I sold both trucks as scrap last year before I moved. They had sat in the woods behind my house for a decade. This story gave me a twinge of regret.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Grippo
    replied

Colt Seavers.......Ruler.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied

Fan of Fall Guy.Enjoy ;D.73-87 K series trucks are tough trucks ;D.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Originally posted by Aircooled
    Does Daisy Duke's Jeep count as a truck? :P
    Me and DF went back and forth on the Jeep. I was for he was against. Guess who won? ;)

This was a fun one to put together. We had about 6 versions until settling on this final one.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Aircooled
    replied

Does Daisy Duke's Jeep count as a truck? :P

As for Semi's, I always thought that the Kenworth in B.J. and the Bear was the best.
    (now that I type that, I can't believe that they named a TV show BJ) :

Leave a comment:

• pushrodpower
    replied

You can't leave off the Ford F Series from Buckaroo Banzai.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Regal
    replied

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    If you'd like to watch a movie that mainly consists of Dennis Weaver on the verge of tears, sweating, and panting, this is the one for you.

The truck is pretty neat though and the fact you never see the driver outside of the occasional shot of his foot on the gas, hand on the shifter, etc is cool.

It beats to poop out of Death Proof.

Brian

Brian
    Any truck that uses 2 pieces of railroad track as a bumper is evil enough in my book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X