The Top 11 Coolest-Ever TV and Movie Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Top 11 Coolest-Ever TV and Movie Trucks

My son just asked me to add "Uncle Jesse's" Ford P/U.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

No reference to BJ and the Bear?
      No one mention Newbomb's Pie Wagon?

Comment

great list...yeah i figured the a team van was up there...glad to see ya didn't forget the Fall Guy...

BJ and the bear KW was cool too...how about the broncos in 240-Robert ???when i was 12 i wanted a bronco so bad....

al
        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

OPTIMUSPRIME

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Do Jeeps count?

RAT PATROL!

Any vehicle with a mounted .30 cal is extra cool!

Comment

As soon as I saw the subject of the thread I thought the truck in The Fall Guy. That was a great show.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I had a truck that got me tons of razing about it being the fall guy truck.... good times... good times.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10
                  OPTIMUSPRIME

a somewhat reasonable facsimile of the movie truck, but not "the" one used.

This one here is a "short-hood" 379 Peterbilt with a "stand-up" sleeper...has aftermarket fenders and heat shields on the stacks.

The actual movie truck was a 379 extended-hood(no slope to the hood, plus it's longer) with a 63" flat-top sleeper.

Would have to be 2003 or older, as it has the old "wing-window" style doors as opposed to the more current one-pice glass door, and the door-mount mirrors....2004 and newer uses a Kenworth-style "cowl"-mount mirror assembly.

Stock fenders on the front with different fenders over the duals...WTI's I think.

the bumper is all wrong, and NO "rookie" sticks on the bumper.

The truck used in the movie was built by the production company.....amazing that they did as nice a job as they did.

I DO like the "blinker bars" under the headlights.....may pick up a set for the 379 I drive.

Comment

OPTIMUSPRIME the realone ;D (thanks tiresmoke u r so 8))

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

;)

Guess I was wrong on 2 points...that does have the 340-type fenders(fiberglass repops by WTI I think.....and I'd toss'em in favor of the stock 379 fenders in a heartbeat), and it DOES have the "rookie" sticks on the bumper(we call'em Texas bumpers).

Really, with the exception of the blue "chicken" and roof-mount ICC lights, there's nothing I see that would prevent this from being put on the road with a wagon....the "headache" rack makes it able to pull a flatbed or lowboy(DOT regulations require some form of a bulkhead, either on the trailer or the back of the cab/sleeper on the tractor).

I likey...... ;D

*end threadjack*

Comment

I can believe I didn't think of Optimus Prime, my son has a poster of it hanging 5 ft from the computer! I saw on some "how they did that' show that the production company started with a beat up road whore for starts. I guess anythings possible, look what the Chrome Shop Mafia can do in a half hour.LOLOLOLO
                        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                        X