X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang13
    replied
    Re: The Top 11 Coolest-Ever TV and Movie Trucks

I can believe I didn't think of Optimus Prime, my son has a poster of it hanging 5 ft from the computer! I saw on some "how they did that' show that the production company started with a beat up road whore for starts. I guess anythings possible, look what the Chrome Shop Mafia can do in a half hour.LOLOLOLO

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

;)

Guess I was wrong on 2 points...that does have the 340-type fenders(fiberglass repops by WTI I think.....and I'd toss'em in favor of the stock 379 fenders in a heartbeat), and it DOES have the "rookie" sticks on the bumper(we call'em Texas bumpers).

Really, with the exception of the blue "chicken" and roof-mount ICC lights, there's nothing I see that would prevent this from being put on the road with a wagon....the "headache" rack makes it able to pull a flatbed or lowboy(DOT regulations require some form of a bulkhead, either on the trailer or the back of the cab/sleeper on the tractor).

I likey...... ;D

*end threadjack*

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied

OPTIMUSPRIME the realone ;D (thanks tiresmoke u r so 8))

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

Originally posted by 383S-10
    OPTIMUSPRIME

a somewhat reasonable facsimile of the movie truck, but not "the" one used.

This one here is a "short-hood" 379 Peterbilt with a "stand-up" sleeper...has aftermarket fenders and heat shields on the stacks.

The actual movie truck was a 379 extended-hood(no slope to the hood, plus it's longer) with a 63" flat-top sleeper.

Would have to be 2003 or older, as it has the old "wing-window" style doors as opposed to the more current one-pice glass door, and the door-mount mirrors....2004 and newer uses a Kenworth-style "cowl"-mount mirror assembly.

Stock fenders on the front with different fenders over the duals...WTI's I think.

the bumper is all wrong, and NO "rookie" sticks on the bumper.

The truck used in the movie was built by the production company.....amazing that they did as nice a job as they did.

I DO like the "blinker bars" under the headlights.....may pick up a set for the 379 I drive.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

I had a truck that got me tons of razing about it being the fall guy truck.... good times... good times.

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied

As soon as I saw the subject of the thread I thought the truck in The Fall Guy. That was a great show.

Leave a comment:

• Mr4Speed
    replied

Do Jeeps count?

RAT PATROL!

Any vehicle with a mounted .30 cal is extra cool!

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied

OPTIMUSPRIME

Leave a comment:

• nosnerd
    replied

great list...yeah i figured the a team van was up there...glad to see ya didn't forget the Fall Guy...

BJ and the bear KW was cool too...how about the broncos in 240-Robert ???when i was 12 i wanted a bronco so bad....

al

Leave a comment:

• 58yeoman
    replied

No reference to BJ and the Bear?
    No one mention Newbomb's Pie Wagon?

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

My son just asked me to add "Uncle Jesse's" Ford P/U.

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

Most of the 700 R model Macks had the Mack V-8. Trucker buddy of my Dads had one, he use to say it would pass anything but a Mack Garage. My Dad use to say Detriots were a device made to covert Diesel Fuel to Noise! Look on youtube for Tyrone Malone. 2-strokes forever!!!!!!!!! ;D

Leave a comment:

• oldrustycars
    replied

In Convoy the sounds of a Detroit were dubbed in. Every movie truck must sound like a Screamin Jimmy to Hollywood. The actual truck was Mack Tip Turbine equipped, as can be seen by the two air cleaner hoses. They even dubbed in Detroit in Black Dog, after Patrick Swayze makes such a big deal about how he loves Caterpillar power.

Leave a comment:

• 200kss
    replied

Originally posted by 383S-10
    Come on you guys what about Maximum Overdrive.........remember the clown truck.....a drivers worst nightmare a truck with a clown face driving itself........ :o
    AMEN, I was about to post the same thing!!! That clown truck scared the crap out of me as a kid! The fact that the Duel truck was included more than makes up for that oversight though. I actually found a copy of Duel at Wal-Mart a couple years back, couldn't believe it.

Extra bonus points for NOT including any of Walker Texas Ranger's lame strobe light equipped trucks, and making the Fall Guy truck #1. Everytime I'd see the opening credits with that wicked jump I'd go nuts, and tried the same thing with the die-cast replica given to me one Christmas.

Learning the Duel truck is nearby (I'm in Missouri) is beyond cool, I gotta see it in person now. Can't believe I hadn't heard about that before, and I work at a truck dealership.

By far the coolest Top 11 list so far, good job guys!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

"If yer gonna be a bear... BE A GRIZZLY!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X