Barnstormin': Proud to be a Cockroach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barnstormin': Proud to be a Cockroach

i guess building an old school fuel altered looking car to run around here at the local tracks i am an old style cockroach
    thats kool lol

Comment

is it ok to be a cockroach and dream of being a butterfly?
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'm right there with ya brother.

See the trick is not forgetting where you came from. Your here, so I've got no worries about you.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Your friend is gonna hate you after this gets all the way around. LOL

That's funny since most advertising is in some way directed at us cockroaches who ultimately pay for the top level of the sport.

In the words of the late Bill Hicks "Just because you like rich people, doesn't mean they like you."

On the other hand, he may have just been feeling desperate about things, and said something he really didn't mean. I have an awful time with that myself.

Comment

Great piece, Brian. As an individual who tends to prefer the amateur version of nearly everything, I'm proud to be a cockroach, too. There are many aspects of professional racing that are less than admirable, like the multimillion dollar contracts, over the top advertising, and general Hollywood nature of it... It all seems so contrived. Grassroots/amateur racing is all about fun, creativity, and hands-on experience. It's about having an actual hobby, rather than watching TV.

Comment

Brian, as the rest have said, another great piece of work. You know I can see it now on the side of a certain Javelin -- "Cockroach Racing" :

Comment

hello, my name is alan..and i am a cockroach...its been 4 months since....

Kodos.Great Piece

alan
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Amen brother - another great article. Another reason I love this site.

Maybe we can be roach racers? that could make for some interesting t-shirts for sure.

I'm certainly happy to have done the very little bit of "real" racing I have done - but to date the only thing I've won is a golf shirt, and a corner cone - but I'm no less proud of those measly little accomplishments.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

beagle,

i love it ...the Cockroach Bobble...does that mean i have to remove Stewy from my computer???lol! ;D

al
                    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X