X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldsman496
    replied
    Re: Ford's J Mays: The New Camaro Looks Like a Stunt that Made Production

they want a pony......hehehe......truly funny and true. well ya know sex sells... Do ya think the Mfg.'s get too caught up in the "violation game"? That is the - styling exercises they see - get critiqued for having 'violations'...leading to more and more 'politically correct' styles? Back in the 40's/50's car design was radical mostly because allot of styles had never been built..new ground, fresh ideas...but today we have so much history and data telling mfg.'s what sells an what doesn't, that it seems the same formula has been adopted by all mfg's...no risk takin' anymore. Anybody remember if Chrysler was ever able to make a profit on its specialty cars..prowler,early viper etc.?

Leave a comment:

• min301
    replied

That really is worth a giggle.

Leave a comment:

• Weldangrind
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedWagon
    Originally posted by Weldangrind
    Originally posted by antmnte
    For example anyone see the new Buick Lacrosse (2010) its terrible,another nondescript piece of shit and thats what you get
    for a family car..awful.
    That's funny. The Buick Lacrosse had to be renamed in Canada, because it's a slang French Canadian term meaning to... pleasure one's self.
    HaHaHa...but NO, LaCrosse is a GAME in Canada and many other counties, not slang. The Lacrosse is the Lacrosse in Canada like anywhere else.
    No, I assure you, lacrosse is also a slang term, not just a game. I heard that on an automotive news report and I checked with some French Canadian friends; they confirmed it. The Buick Lacrosse was renamed the Buick Allure in Canada. Google it; it's like a rash. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_LaCrosse I'm Canadian, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    The new beetle was marketed straight at young ladies. "Oh, it's so cute. Don't you think they are so cute?"
    So were the mustangs ;)
    Did they put flower pots in the mustangs too?
    No, they did one better, they appealed to every little girls desire for a pony ;) :P

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    The new beetle was marketed straight at young ladies. "Oh, it's so cute. Don't you think they are so cute?"
    So were the mustangs ;)
    Did they put flower pots in the mustangs too?

Leave a comment:

• SpeedWagon
    replied

Originally posted by Weldangrind
    For example anyone see the new Buick Lacrosse (2010) its terrible,another nondescript piece of shit and thats what you get
    for a family car..awful.
    That's funny. The Buick Lacrosse had to be renamed in Canada, because it's a slang French Canadian term meaning to... pleasure one's self.
    HaHaHa...but NO, LaCrosse is a GAME in Canada and many other counties, not slang. The Lacrosse is the Lacrosse in Canada like anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

bill mitchell , harley earl , larry shinoda
    they were hands on guys , started out at the body shop or coach builder
    I like bill mitchell - influenced by sport fishing

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied

Oh boy an OJ! I get a little emotional about this topic.When I was young I wanted to design cars it was a dream I never got to pursue.I come from a family that did design stuff (clothing) and I guess I have a good eye for this type of thing and color and so forth. So to see these jack ass's that get to do this and the ruination of the auto industry that I blame on them partly for not being creative enough or have the imagination to do this right really makes me mad.Someone should tell that guy to redesign the Crown Vic or the Taurus, because he can do a few good retro designs that someone else did all the hard work for him years ago does not make him special. Bill Mitchell was special, this guy...no.

Leave a comment:

• Weldangrind
    replied

for a family car..awful.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Kinda reminds me of the same kind of arrogance that came from Trevor Creed over at Chrysler during the dark days of Daimler...

Leave a comment:

• jerrys96lt4
    replied

Originally posted by trukluvr
    Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
    ^ I agree,this joker gets one hit and he thinks hes got the world by the balls. Aside from a few nice cars
    most stuff is crap when it comes to styling.The Asian's are certainly no better, their cars have no style, detail, glitz personality, nothing. These dumb ass' the big three employ should keep their mouth shut in this department too since they are mostly guilty of the same. When they realize styling gets people in the showroom things will change. For example anyone see the new Buick Lacrosse (2010) its terrible,another nondescript piece of shit and thats what you get
    for a family car..awful.
    If Bill Mitchell or Harley Earl were alive they'd go in there with an assault rifle and do them all in.
    Post of the night.
    Does that mean he wins an OJ?
    x2

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied

Mays=punk in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• trukluvr
    replied

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
    ^ I agree,this joker gets one hit and he thinks hes got the world by the balls. Aside from a few nice cars
    most stuff is crap when it comes to styling.The Asian's are certainly no better, their cars have no style, detail, glitz personality, nothing. These dumb ass' the big three employ should keep their mouth shut in this department too since they are mostly guilty of the same. When they realize styling gets people in the showroom things will change. For example anyone see the new Buick Lacrosse (2010) its terrible,another nondescript piece of shit and thats what you get
    for a family car..awful.
    If Bill Mitchell or Harley Earl were alive they'd go in there with an assault rifle and do them all in.
    Post of the night.
    Does that mean he wins an OJ?

Leave a comment:

• Woodward_Dreams
    replied

for a family car..awful.
    Post of the night.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied

for a family car..awful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X