• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's J Mays: The New Camaro Looks Like a Stunt that Made Production

Re: Ford's J Mays: The New Camaro Looks Like a Stunt that Made Production

I agree but the public will decide.

Comment

Fords Guys are going to take a beating for this. Mays is right about one thing, they are all to heavy, Mustang included!
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Read the article on cardomain. There's some really interesting stuff on there including then new ranger, and a possible stick shift in the new tarus. I've read that the SHO may be coming back.

Comment

I can see where he's coming from, being responsible for the massive hit that was the "new" Thunderbird, he knows all about design "stunts".

Yeesh.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah, the guy who basically brought back the retro caricatures is peeing in his own bathwater.

Spent 20 seconds with the guy once. He flies his own flag a little to high, IMO.

Comment

"Mr Pot, let me introduce you to Mr. Kettle"

Comment

ford flex - nuff said
                the new mustang is getting a bit long in the tooth - unchanged since fall of 04

Comment

what does he think of the CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1 ???

Comment

What does May's mean by "a stunt that made production"? does he think that the styling of the Camaro is crap? or that it was one of those styling exersizes that the styling department thought would never actually see the light of day? and GM brass - being desperate for sales - green lighted it? Sounds like he is more worried about the Camaro than the Dodge since he dogs it more. I'll be suprised if he has to worry about the Camaro at all considering the shape GM is in.

Both cars are 800lbs too heavy. and at least $5000 too expensive. All the Mfg.'s ought to offer a stripper version with nothin' but the required safety items and the big motor. Gearheads have been screaming for this for so long that I find it incredible that None of the Mfg.'s are willing to find a way to profit on this market segment. The Dodge front valance is bland and the bumper un-appealing. and those slab sides don't help any. and the Camaro could use a different bumper too. But if anybody wants to give me one...any one of 'em...I'd be real happy........lemmee know......
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

While I don't like the new Camaro either, I don't think he has much to brag about himself IMHO.

Comment

LOL...

This cat is more than just a bit full of himself.

I'm not saying I'm fully won over on the new Camaro's styling, but hell....the latest revision to the Mustang looks like a bad plastic surgeon's handiwork.

Comment

By "stunt", I'm assuming he means someone actually had the balls to try designing a car with something other than slab sides. Like it or not, the Camaro has more styling than 99% of the current offerings from ANY automaker.

And, am I the only one that thinks the newer Beetle had all the good parts smoothed right off of it?
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

The new beetle was marketed straight at young ladies. "Oh, it's so cute. Don't you think they are so cute?"
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                              The new beetle was marketed straight at young ladies. "Oh, it's so cute. Don't you think they are so cute?"
                              So were the mustangs ;)
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X