Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Killer!

The plan is to swap the car at race tracks, but once I get everyone's routes they will be traveling on we may be able to set up some meeting points and publish the true path of the car.

The "plan" is shoehorn the recently removed and running 440/727 combo from my father in law's GTX into the front of the thing and the wife convincing is already done....well she's no convinced, but I was able to dodge the flying candle sticks.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Well if at any point you decide the erie to boston route is too much I would be willing to take the erie to binghamton leg if needed.

Comment

Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy S

LOL. Those weren't the good wedding candle sticks, were they?

Maybe you should spend some time planning "how to get the wife to forget about the car" night. Something romantic and unexpected, and not just because it's Valentine's Day coming up. Do it because it's Tuesday.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Doing it up is what got me into this mess in the first place....he he.

The big upside for me this year is that I'm not going to be in Memphis on Mothers Day announcing a drag race. THAT was a rough week.

It's cool. She's a living saint, like all the girls that put up with us.

Brian

Comment

Have the route and dates been finalized? Just wondering.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Heard from Ryan last night that he had to bail. so Chad gets shotgun. When he flakes, Rebeldryver gets the call.

Comment

My route is simple....I 70 from Denver to KC, I'll probably make a stop in Topeka to get some pics at Heartland. As it stands now, I'll be pulling out of Denver between 9-10 am Weds morning.

Randal should be getting to Denver 3-4 pm on the prior day (Tues). We will make the swap at Bandimere Speedway.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Brian,
                  Lake Erie Speedway is right off I90 souteast of Erie. I just do not know if there parking lot will be open/plowed to allow us access.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

My route is simple as well, US-93 for a few miles out of town then I-70 to Denver. I'm thinking I might spend the night in Grand Junction at any shady motel I find between here and there. I'll be cruising at a leisurely pace, now that it's closer it looks like the weather will cooperate so travelling should be easy (would have needed two days if it was snowing badly). Too bad the 1st is a Sunday, Ely's finest bars are closed, but the 24 hour ones are open. Forecast is low 50's for the 1st and 2nd, so you'll only need your Wisconsin clothes for the mornings ;) Even then it'll be balmy mid-teens.

I am up to using a Chevy Tahoe now, since the original Dodge's transmission died and I didn't feel comfortable with an F-150 offered.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
                      Brian,
                      Lake Erie Speedway is right off I90 souteast of Erie. I just do not know if there parking lot will be open/plowed to allow us access.
                      Neal, what day are you pulling the prize?
                      I R Bob
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Brian,
                        Can you clarify the schedule? you have:

Friday Feb 6 ? 457Brodix -- St. Louis to Indy
                        Saturday** Feb 7 ? Tiresmoke! -- Indy to Columbus, OH
                        Saturday** Feb 8 ? Nesabo -- Columbus to Erie, PA
                        Sunday Feb 9 ?Brian Lohnes -- Erie to Boston, MA
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I was hoping to have the Indy to Columbus and Columbus to Erie legs done in one day, that way the Caveman and I can load the wreck up on Saturday night, slurp down some beers in scenic Erie PA and haul ass home on Sunday.

Is it possible?

Even if we can't swap at the speedway we can at least get a glory shot at the track with the sign in the background. We can find a hotel or brothel parking lot to make the actual swap.

Brian

Comment

There's a Quaker Steak and Lube in Erie right on Peach street off of 90. Rumor has it, they serve beer there too. ;)
                            I R Bob

Comment

Done and DONE!

Nice.

Brian

Comment

And me and the wife are getting a room somewhere over there since they have 32oz drafts for $5. ;D
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X