Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49F1
    Guest replied
    Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

If you're coming down the Mass Pike I can probably meet you at a rest stop, I'm not sure if there is one in Blandford on eastbound side, there is 1 in Ludlow for sure. Unemployed so just need approx date and time.
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Sweet!

So behind the scenes, I've asked all the guys for their routes, swap location ideas, and rough time estimates on when they will arrive at the swap locale.

What we want is exactly what you guys are talking about. To get as many people to come and sign the thing, spit on it, throw an OJ cup in the back, whatever. Hopefully we can get a bunch of people involved.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• 200kss
    replied

Originally posted by Solsticefun
    Were in St. Louis is this car going to be switched off, and when. Would like to see it and maybe sign it if possible. ;D
    Same here, I'm an hour away and off Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Solsticefun
    replied

Were in St. Louis is this car going to be switched off, and when. Would like to see it and maybe sign it if possible. ;D

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

Dave and Ryan, it looks like the Steam Train here is up and running again, if you want to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Rustang
    replied

I'm about 1-1/2 hrs south of KC. I'd love to run up there, say hi to the dudes, join 'em for an OJ, sign the car and run back home. The wife would think I'm crazy. She just doesn't understand!

Leave a comment:

• nosnerd
    replied

GPS is gonna help..

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

"east bound and down, loaded up and truckin', we gona do what they say can't be done" GOOD LUCK and drive safe to all!

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied

Here is a Mall outside of Columbus,

There is a Travel America just East of Erie

Figure both had plenty of room to get the trailer moved around. I have a trailer lined up for my leg.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

We're each providing out own trailer for each section so that should take care of itself.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied

I'm pretty sure the plan is to just switch it from trailer to trailer.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

Originally posted by nesabo
    Brian,
    I think I am doing the Columbus to Erie.
    Neal, the wife and I will probably hook up with you on your way by to Erie and follow you out there. Then we'll proceed to punish our livers with Brian! Bad liver, very bad!!! ;D Oh and let me know where the handoff is going to be so I can get a hotel close by.

Leave a comment:

• oldrustycars
    replied

Malc brings up an excellent point. Is the car being transferred from trailer to trailer, or does it stay on one trailer, and switch tow vehicles? Better make sure you guys are compatible as far as ball size, wiring connections, and trailer brakes. I don't think surge brakes are even legal anymore, and while you may not have trouble locally, you may have trouble on the Interstate. Drive safely, guys. Wish I could be there.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

HA!

Sorry dude...so many screen names.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied
    Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy S

Originally posted by nesabo
    Brian,
    I think I am doing the Columbus to Erie.
    Not that I wouldn't but that's a hike.

Thanks for the momentary heart complications.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X