Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

Originally posted by nesabo
    Brian,
    I think I am doing the Columbus to Erie.
    Neal, the wife and I will probably hook up with you on your way by to Erie and follow you out there. Then we'll proceed to punish our livers with Brian! Bad liver, very bad!!! ;D Oh and let me know where the handoff is going to be so I can get a hotel close by.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Re: The Red Ball Express: How To Get a Junker Cross-Country For Free In 8 Easy Steps

I'm pretty sure the plan is to just switch it from trailer to trailer.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

We're each providing out own trailer for each section so that should take care of itself.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here is a Mall outside of Columbus,

There is a Travel America just East of Erie

Figure both had plenty of room to get the trailer moved around. I have a trailer lined up for my leg.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

"east bound and down, loaded up and truckin', we gona do what they say can't be done" GOOD LUCK and drive safe to all!
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

GPS is gonna help..
              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I'm about 1-1/2 hrs south of KC. I'd love to run up there, say hi to the dudes, join 'em for an OJ, sign the car and run back home. The wife would think I'm crazy. She just doesn't understand!

Comment

Dave and Ryan, it looks like the Steam Train here is up and running again, if you want to check it out.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Were in St. Louis is this car going to be switched off, and when. Would like to see it and maybe sign it if possible. ;D
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                      Were in St. Louis is this car going to be switched off, and when. Would like to see it and maybe sign it if possible. ;D
                      Same here, I'm an hour away and off Thursday.
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Sweet!

So behind the scenes, I've asked all the guys for their routes, swap location ideas, and rough time estimates on when they will arrive at the swap locale.

What we want is exactly what you guys are talking about. To get as many people to come and sign the thing, spit on it, throw an OJ cup in the back, whatever. Hopefully we can get a bunch of people involved.

Brian

Comment

If you're coming down the Mass Pike I can probably meet you at a rest stop, I'm not sure if there is one in Blandford on eastbound side, there is 1 in Ludlow for sure. Unemployed so just need approx date and time.
                          Joe

Comment

Joe...you're on. When I have more details, I'll pass them along.

Brian

Comment

Now that I've got my biggest problem solved I'll fess up. On tuesday morning my boss came back to work with the grim news that the dodge I was going to borrow ate the transmission on his days off :o So I've spent part of tuesday, yesterday and this morning trying to find another pick up truck. Just now I've secured one! And I'm still going to check on two other's as back up, and I think another co-worker has taken pity and is asking her husband this weekend, whew. Still haven't secured a trailer (I have a line on one, and think I know one or two other's to ask, distance has been everyone else's hesitations), but worse case scenerio I get one from the local U-haul (yes, Ely has one!). I have several people saying they want to go with me (imagine that, people trying to leave Ely!), but none with trucks or trailers :P Fun fun fun.

I haven't mapquested the route yet, but odds are that's the way I'll be going.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hope you guys don't mind if the Forum Transmission hitchhikes to Columbus ;)

I am hoping Neal can hang on to it for a few days until I can come and pick it up.

Seth
                                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                                X