Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Violation Game: Interior Overkill

Re: The Violation Game: Interior Overkill

Probablly not, I know I don't miss the absurd lowriders of the late 80's early 90's.
    I don't mind some lowriders, specifically I'm talking of the one missing things.
    I.E. sterring wheel, pedals, shift levers,gauges, etc :o... Same as gold plated brake rotors. ???
    I don't miss the crushed velvet, crazy center consoles, man i could go on and on.

Who remebers walls of speakers, 7 alternators, 5000 watts of sound, not quite as popular anymore.
    As with all trends only the strong survive.

So maybe in some niche groups. (Read foriegn countries.) The japanese love over the top
    wings and what we might call art cars.
    I'm pretty sure it won't be here.
    Chris

Comment

It's "overkill" but is it a Violation when overkill is the goal? The guy apparently achieved his stated goal.

Now, if it were sitting in some dude's garage for the next 15 years 90% completed, to me THAT would be a good reason to poke fun and talk about "violation" games.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Comment

I bet those gauges aren't hooked up. Now, admit it...how many of us had the three gauge pods mounted under the dash back in the 70's, and never got around to hooking them up? Mine weren't, I had a Datsun 510, the fittings were metric and I never figured out how to do it. I did have my tach hooked up. We built them from a kit in high school electronics class. Looked just like a Sun Super Tach. Hose clamped to the steering column, of course.

Comment

Wait! There's still a compact car show scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              DF, did you start this thread knowing that the same rhetoric would come up.
              Just to once again.

Prove you have the best smileys

Chris

Comment

You, too can have all the smileys you want:

Comment

Check it out, it's the "Valid Point" smiley!!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My dad always told me to never say never. So in looking at this beast I would like to say never, but will refrain -- at least slightly. I know the bricks will fly when I say this, but there are some of Roth's stuff that I still don't understand and in my mind are violations. But that brings to the idea of each to his or her own.

Still I doubt that this extreme example of overkill would ever not be a violation of some kind in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts

My dad always told me to never say never. So in looking at this beast I would like to say never, but will refrain -- at least slightly. I know the bricks will fly when I say this, but there are some of Roth's stuff that I still don't understand and in my mind are violations. But that brings to the idea of each to his or her own.

Still I doubt that this extreme example of overkill would ever not be a violation of some kind in my mind.
                      Joe, must be us east Coast guys. The only thing I understand that Roth ever did was the Yellow Fang Top Fuel car.

I totally don't get it. Even seeing the stuff in person and walking Beau's collection at Galpin with him I'm still not at that plane of evolution yet I guess.

The Druid Princess makes my stomach churn. Jeff Koch's piece about Roth's last piece in Hot Rod, the weird little trike with a Geo-Metro motor in it was priceless, tacky, angry, pithy, and slightly over the top all at the same time.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        So is this one:

Comment

This type of car may do something for some but I find myself completely uninterested.

I'm not a stark utilitarian(sometimes it's good, though), but there is a point to where builders start tacking on crap just to fill space.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                            So is this one:
                            You know what they say about casting stones. But if it makes you feel better "YOU WIN"

;)

Comment

At least it's got a third pedal. I wonder if all that plastic rattles with the sound system, or how many hours of listening you will get out of it before the plastic fatigues.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X