• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homegrown IRS for a '66 Dodge Dart

buy a corvair , quirkiness with no measuring

Comment

Originally posted by mikeink
      Yes! This is great stuff! Yes, this IS what true hot-rodding is about. Just think -- what about all the tens of dozens of other factory offerings we could graft, work-over or improve for lots of projects.

This is what automotive hobbyist reporting should be about -- sagas that we'll follow eagerly to know the outcome. Print hobbyist magazines are slowly becoming anachronisms. Not because printed media is a thing-of-the-past, but because the content is usually lame-o. Some articles that stood out for their lame-ness from the last few years include: carb-spacer shoot-out; how to install a distributor (mark the firewall with a piece of chalk!); how to install Chevelle window regulators; installing slotted rotors on a brand new Ram 1500; and enough "back-to-basics" stories to fill a shelf -- how a carburetor works, how tires work, how wipers work. And nitroused, 500-plus ci muscle cars that do 10s, which is fast but nowhere near cutting edge anymore.

I hear you...god knows I'm sick of Paint and Body specials But don't forget, there are lots of kids out there and even older folks keen to get into the auto and motorsports hobby who DO look for articles like the ones that bore us old dogs. When I was 14 and 15 years old and buying HRM it used to drive me crazy trying to understand the weird language car guys used and trying to figure out how basic things were done -- at that time I certainly appreciated what you call the 'lame-o' and 'back-to-basics' articles for their educational value and down to earth style.

PS - not everyone needs to or wants to do 10s
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
        Originally posted by mikeink
        Yes! This is great stuff! Yes, this IS what true hot-rodding is about. Just think -- what about all the tens of dozens of other factory offerings we could graft, work-over or improve for lots of projects.

This is what automotive hobbyist reporting should be about -- sagas that we'll follow eagerly to know the outcome. Print hobbyist magazines are slowly becoming anachronisms. Not because printed media is a thing-of-the-past, but because the content is usually lame-o. Some articles that stood out for their lame-ness from the last few years include: carb-spacer shoot-out; how to install a distributor (mark the firewall with a piece of chalk!); how to install Chevelle window regulators; installing slotted rotors on a brand new Ram 1500; and enough "back-to-basics" stories to fill a shelf -- how a carburetor works, how tires work, how wipers work. And nitroused, 500-plus ci muscle cars that do 10s, which is fast but nowhere near cutting edge anymore.

I hear you...god knows I'm sick of Paint and Body specials But don't forget, there are lots of kids out there and even older folks keen to get into the auto and motorsports hobby who DO look for articles like the ones that bore us old dogs. When I was 14 and 15 years old and buying HRM it used to drive me crazy trying to understand the weird language car guys used and trying to figure out how basic things were done -- at that time I certainly appreciated what you call the 'lame-o' and 'back-to-basics' articles for their educational value and down to earth style.

PS - not everyone needs to or wants to do 10s
        x2

but seeking balance - much like a corvette coming through a apex.... or a bug landing in a lotus tree (okay wiseguy(s), you do your best buddha *stuff* here)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

how to do a tune up...in this months CC...LAMe O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the cover car wasn't even in the mag!!!!! > > > >

al
          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

This guy is the sh*t. I would much rather figure out something on my own instead of paying someone else to do all the dirty work. It's much more satisfying to finish the job, sit back with a cold one and admire what you just did! And he uses it too! Awesome.

Comment

Part 5 has been posted.

Comment

I hardly even wear my wedding ring...not because I'm trolling, but because I'm a plumber. Rings catch poo, not to mention grinders. Cool project

Comment

huh ?
                  i.r.s. sucks on new camaros , but is cool and innovative on dahhts , got it

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    huh ?
                    i.r.s. sucks on new camaros , but is cool and innovative on dahhts , got it

ooooopppppsssssssiiiiiiieeeeee ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X