Video of the Week: Chassis-Dyno Accidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video of the Week: Chassis-Dyno Accidents

Oi, those raised up ones I've always thought would make me nervous up there and those first two video's didn't help :-\ Wild.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

reminds me of the time a 4G63 let go and buried a piece of connecting rod about waist-height in the wall. 30+ feet from where it launched. Chassis dynos are dangerous things. I try to practice safety when we're working on a project, but sometimes don't do a good job of it... :'(
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

scott remember when we had the frankenstein camaro on the dyno and chad was running it. we wouldnt stand anywhere inside the building untill the damn thing was done with its run. ahahahahaha it sounded scary

Comment

oops...

1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
          1997 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            reminds me of the time a 4G63 let go and buried a piece of connecting rod about waist-height in the wall. 30+ feet from where it launched.
            That's so awesome.

Reminds me of high school. We had a 383 Mopar on a test stand. The teacher pulled the plugs and dist and spun the engine over, then had a contest to see which group of three kids could make it run the most quickly. One team hit the button and the engine fired, shooting a plug out of a hole and sticking it into the wall.

Comment

Poor guy! I hope he got over that quickly! Not as quick as he hit the floor though I bet !

At Kuntz and Company here in town, they were dynoing an engine and the harmonic balancer flew off. It busted the window right in front of where everyone was standing. You know that was a Maalox moment.

At Keith Craft's, the throttle hung wide open on an engine one time. It's more funny to hear the guy tell it in person,but he opened the door and closed it several times before he could talk himself into going in and shutting it off.

Comment

Working...
              X