Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearhead Destination: The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum

Re: Gearhead Destination: The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum

I went there the year after they opened. It was cool then and I bet it has grown incredibly.

My best advice: Unless you have a place arranged to stay during the weekend of the Knoxville Nationals, don't attempt to tour the museum during that week. The town almost triples in size during the week of the Nationals!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

that's about 2 hours drive from me. This sounds like a great idea on a boring afternoon! Must go see.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks for this information. I will be in Cedar Rapids this summer for the International Studebaker meet and when I leave there I'll be heading for Omaha. Guess where I'll be stopping along the way?

Comment

Hoo Rah!

Tell 'em the Junkyard guys sent ya!

;)

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I go every year.Camping at the local camp grounds is a must.Nothing like a pork chop sandwich and then head to

Comment

Sprint cars....Fuel Altereds on dirt.....

Comment

I love seeing a sprint car lift the front and hook it on the dirt. 8)

Comment

I want to go up there someday and see a race and tour that museum! Knoxville is a whale of a track and facility.

Comment

I live in Des Moines.... just up the road from knoxville... and I can honestly say I've never been to a sprint car race or the museum. I feel so ashamed.... I know... there is no excuse! :'( I will do my best to make it soon!

Comment

Good Blog but I suppose you mean Super Late Model, Super modifieds are asphalt cars. I haven't been to Knoxville yet but I will probably again make the pilgrimage to Eldora this year. keep a lookout for pics.

Rick Eckert #24 Dale McDowell 17m on the outside, Super Late Model:

Comment

"nosbaby", We stay at the Holiday Inn across from the airport in Des Moines.The best night for racing is Friday.Best day for parting is Saturday.Going to be tough to do Knoxville and DragWeek both this year.If I go to Knoxville I'll let you know.-

Comment

Spints and late models rule ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X