Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: New EPA Boss Wants States to Decide on Auto Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: New EPA Boss Wants States to Decide on Auto Emissions

Brad, I was kind of dreaming of the same situation, with the caveat that they hold a press conference and invite Pelosi under the guise of making a, "major breakthrough in business strategy".

Stand up there, make your announcement, and then invite her to make remarks.

I'd PAY to see the look on her face.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brad54
    replied
    Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: New EPA Boss Wants States to Decid

If I were the CEO of either of the Big Three, I'd tell Nancy Pelosi et al: "No problem. You guys do what you want in regards to emissions. We are bowing out of the California car market. The existing stock of California Emissions-equipped vehicles will be the last produced by us, as it is simply too expensive to have two sets of R&D testing, packaging engineering and design, and all the other issues unique to the California car market. With the current economic situation, we believe cutting the state of California from our market will decrease corporate losses, both in terms of the afore-mentioned emissions regulations, as well as shipping, taxes and other fees.

We will also be closing all operations in California, as it is simply too expensive to conduct business there. We wish our competitors the best of luck in the California market."

At some point, don't the Big Three just have to throw up their arms and say "Okay, that's enough. Uncle!"

-Brad

Leave a comment:

• Caveman
    Guest replied
    Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: New EPA Boss Wants States to Decide on Auto Emissions

I don't see the respective states giving up control, not without a fight. Especially not CA.

Since CA basically sets their own standard tighter than everyone elses, Detroit must comply in order to sell cars there.... Life would be hell if the Federal standard were the same as CA's... And I don't see some other states being coerced into accepting a CA standard.

Leave a comment:

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: New EPA Boss Wants States to Decide on Auto Emissions

Working...
X