Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Best Dragstrip Names

Re: The Top 11 Best Dragstrip Names

no problem is a real cool track, they have a bar in the tower where you can watch cars go down the track. lots of rock chips in the windows where cars kick up rocks. they used to keep a bunch of u-joints and rearend parts on the wall so people could see how well the track hooks. i had a lot of fun there.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

If you are looking for cool drag strip names, what could be cooler than "Rolling Thunder Dragway" in Pacific Junction, Iowa? It is part of the Mid America Motorplex
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Bristol's nickname Thunder Valley is pretty good, too.

Comment

Quarter aces was the original name, then it became South Mountain. Now its back to Quarter aces again.
          I also like Douglas motorsport park in Douglas, Wyoming. That way I wont change the name when I buy it!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Thunder Valley is also the name of the racetrack in Marion, South Dakota. They have wicked cool nostalgia drags there.

Good stuff, man.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Didn't know that!

Comment

"Smokin Alamo Dragway" is pretty cool too.

Comment

That is.

Thanks for joining us.

Comment

The head hunter place is near my other home in Ga. That place on a Thursday night is beyond description! There can be as many as 2500 people there with half of them trying to stand on the starting line. It's almost impossible to leave before it's over from the crowds, and God forbid a serious accident because the ambulance could never get out. The last time I ran there I ran like a 5.30 something and thought I'd never get stopped in time, but I've seen mid 4's ran in full body cars there, but they're on time with the laundry.

Here's an old pic of the place in the winter.

Comment

Ever hear of this place? Are there any dragstrips in Arkansas that aren't in a time warp?

Comment

Action City Dragway is the track I race at. Couldn't believe it made it on the list. I always thought it was virtually unknown.

Comment

We know ALL.

;D

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

One of SJ's uncles used to race at Action City all the time back in the late 80's-early 90's

One of the track I plan on hitting this year....sorta-kinda like a barnstormin'-type deal.....wanna hit all of the dragsrips in the state of Indiana.

Lots of neat places.....best get busy wrenchin'.

Comment

There used to be a track in Assumption, IL named "Motion Raceway". It was the best damned drag strip in Illinois. It was a 1000' track that had all of the match race madness and craziness of a typical weekend of a SOCAL dragway. What a great place this track was. It now sits vacant but a couple of guys attempted to organize a flag drag weekend there last year. Of course the deal did not work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X