Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearhead Destination: Eldora Speedway

Re: Gearhead Destination: Eldora Speedway

if i have a chance this year, i'm going!
    i have a couple of friends that have raced there and they say it's a blast, i took one of them to brainerd last year, so he wants to take me to eldora this year.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I can't tell for sure, but just by looking at the pictures, it looks like the Stock class is a street-tire class, no Hoosiers. Very cool! I hope to get down there sometime!

Comment

I live about 20 minutes from that track. A lot of people travel from all around the country to watch racing there. People are constantly stopping and asking direction on how to get there. Many local people go every week without fail, they are absolutely crazy about it. They describe it as a race/ party all weekend. Its one of the bright spots in the local economy, so keep on coming.

Odd, I haven't been there in over 30yrs. Your own backyard, ya know.

Comment

WE raced pavement until 6 years ago. Sold everything, bought a New Rocket late model ,Built a 720 horsepower limited motor. we raced all over the south from 3/10 to huge high banked 1/2 miles. We had more fun on dirt than we did the whole time raced on pavement. DIRT RULES

Comment

Jerry,
            Did you see Raceway 7 south of Conneaut is not opening this year?
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

yES iM BUMMED, that was going to be one of my first stops. Hopefully someone will step up with some funding.

Comment

Proud to say I made it to Eldora for the 2007 Dream not proud to say that was my first and to date only pilgrimage. My Dad and brother go several times a year nowadays, punks!! I Might go this June to the Dream again a word of advice get reserved seats if you go to the Dream, World 100 or the Kings Royal it only costs like a buck more. I like the main grandstand as does the family, but it does get hot under the roof. You really don't want to sit down too low because if you do it is hard to see the cars due to haulers parked in the infield and the fact that the track is dug into the ground. So when they are up on the wall they can disapear on you and at the big E they are up on the wall. I wouldn't say the track is everything that makes Eldora special the fans add to it the fact that there really is no small race at Eldora helps, just look at their schedule. Also if you go to say the Dream or the World over 130 cars will show for 24 spots in the A main badasses get sent home without making the feature. Make sure you have a cheddarwurst and have a good time!

Also the Advance auto parts stocks are a street tire class My old man flirted with the idea of bringing his old sportsman car out of retirement and racing there, then remembereed he is an old man LOL. I want to race there someday but I'm not ready for Eldora yet.

Comment

I live a couple hours from Eldora and some years ago a friend had an WoO sprinter. He was kind enough to let me stand on the roof of the hauler during races. When I die, I hope heaven is just like the infield of Eldora during a big event. Seriously.
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Eldora freakin' rules. That place is absolutely electric come race time. I've had the privilege of being able to go 5 times,but we haven't been in almost 8 years. It's just amazing to go and see what Earl Baltes carved out of the cornfields so many years ago. The track literally appears out of nowhere,and there will be thousands and thousands of cars and people all over the grounds of the track and the surrounding roads and fields. It's 800 miles or so one way,but I would go tomorrow if I could. Speaking of those cornfields,it gets WILD out there. There's just a little bit too much drinking for my tastes,but being there is one heck of an experience.

I had the honor of seeing the first Dream 100 (100k to win late model),and the Eldora Million for late models. They were won by Freddy Smith and Donnie Moran respectively. I've never been to the World 100,but I would love to change that.

That's one big and bad fast race track! Sometimes the racing is kinda so-so,but it's just fun to watch the cars fly around that place.

I like Tony,but I miss Earl.

Comment

Working...
                    X