• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freaky Shortened Duster Roadster on eBay

I like the Dart. It knows what it is.

Comment

Re: Freaky Shortened Duster Roadster on eBay

Usually cars like this Duster begin as a four-door, owned by crafty guys who wished they had a two-door. Been there, but didn't do that (my first car was a 4-door '62 Impala) Of course, once chopped short, they do look really freaky 'cause they often use the original short front doors. There is a Nova in town that was done that way, and it looks like a GM (Genetic Mutation)! I saw this two-door '95 Impala SS while on the '06 Power Tour. It was nicely done and the long doors must have been a ton of work to create, not to mention the roofline and frame work!

But this Duster wound up looking not-quite-as-freaky with no doors (and no roof)! But unforseen problems always crop up. Considering the fact that the Chrysler trans is way long, the driveshaft is probably way short! Also, the auction should state the maximum height of the driver, because I don't think the seat is adjustable! It must be pretty minimal considering the flat steering wheel. And imagine pulling the shifter into low gear... ouch!

' A REAL PIECE OF HISTORY.' is what is stated in the auction. And they say history repeats itself! :o

Comment

Working...
      X