• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Eaton Lays Off 5,200

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Eaton Lays Off 5,200

damn......

Comment

x2 -- Times seem to be getting tougher and tougher. I am really sorry to hear this.

Comment

Yep it sucks. I drive past their HQ's everyday.

Comment

Good grief! It will get worse before it gets better too.

Comment

Damn, indeed....I hope all affected get back on their collective feet soon.

Eaton builds some quality products.....I row an Eaton 10-speed 5-6 days a week.

Wonder when the hits will stop coming?

Comment

I make parts for an Eaton division. Buisness has been down for tye last 3 months. We just went to 32 hours this week. This better not last much longer or ...

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed for ya, bub.....

This has gone BEYOND ridiculous.

Comment

wish everybody the best. doesnt sound good for the woodward dream cruise either.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

its like a domino effect,or sh;1 rolls down hill,everybody panics and starts canning people!when does it stop?funny ive noticed the equipment company i work for is dropping people at the bottom who do most of the work,maybe they should drop more of the worthless upper management with six figure saleries first !

Comment

I've been avoiding reading this one. Mostly because I'm tired of bad news, but partly because seeing industries closing doors hits a little closer to home. For me, mining is a boom/bust industry, and many have already busted. We haven't done layoff's yet, but sweeping drug testing has started (usually results in double digit percentage work force reduction). It weighs on my mind, though I know our operation still has a healthy buffer in copper price before we're cash flow negative.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Tough for my industry, too. The pub company "right-sized" another group of people last week.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words. I am sure I'll end up in the industry somewhere soon. As far as the future of Eaton at consumer events, they will be at a few. The marketing folks survived the blood letting and they are good people who know the value of a consumer with a choice where to buy their products. I'll be hanging with my Internet Radio gig which is a hobby of passion which is from the heart and not the wallet. I'll be on the Powertour for sure!

Comment

Best of luck, John - and all of the folks feeling this recession every payday. This is beyond "Sucks".

Whatever each thinks of the new President, let's all hope his ideas work and we can get America (and the rest of the world) back to work. We've got to do SOMETHING.

Dan

Comment

It is too bad.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X