Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking News: Freiburger Going Back to Hot Rod Magazine

Yay! Somebody was hired in 2009!

I look forward to reading your stuff in Hot Rod again. Will you resume writing a "Starting Line" column every month?

Comment

Thanks for all the generous comments, all of you. I will continue to hang out here, so this is not an exodus. I'll just be doing Hot Rod and Hot Rod Deluxe, not Car Craft or any of the rest of them.

Lots and lots of calls and emails today. Sore throat! Tomorrow I'm off to Sacramento to pick up the '65 Lemans for Todd.

Comment

exodus? That was a good band!

Comment

Congrats Dave, as many said here, HRM was just not the same after you left.
          It was fun being able to communicate on the web and in real life events.
          Brian and Chad, best of luck too, I intend to stick around.
          Ran

Comment

Well.........on one hand, I say CONGRATS!

Rob has done a bang-up job....and will continue to do so, but having you back on the masthead is re-assuring.

Certainly will lift a financial burden off your shoulders.

On the other hand......damn.

Wish like hell the CJTV thing woulda worked out for you and Chad...but hey, you can say you gave it one hell of a go.

Oh, Chad and Brian.....ole Smoke is like a bad rash....I'm not going ANYWHERE.

Comment

I'm glad to hear it. I hated seeing you forced to sell off your stuff. CarJunkieTV was a great idea, but the timing probably couldn't have been worse. Who could have seen this level of chaos coming? I sure didn't. I've still got a subscription to Hot Rod, and I look forward to reading your stuff there again.

Comment

Good news, DF. A steady paycheck these days is something nobody should pass up. Good luck but if for some reason it doesn't work out, Chad would hire you back, him the boss this time. ;D Now if I can find that renewal notice for HR, I may sign back up after a three year hiatus.

Comment

Looking forwrad to reading your stuff again in Hot Rod Dave, good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
                    I hated seeing you forced to sell off your stuff.
                    I'm STILL forced to sell a bunch. CJTV left me with a bunch of debt.

Comment

As has been stated many times, CC and HR were just not the same after you left. You were responsible for getting me back into cars, I sorta gave up after trailer poodle Pro Street nonsense got all the ink. Apparently, someone high up realized what an impact you had. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll still check in here from time to time.

Comment

Congrats, and best of luck. But you realy need to do MOPAR MUSCLE............lol

Comment

DF, congrats on the homecoming. As has already been stated, it will be nice to see you back at HR, but hope to see you here on occasion as well. Chad & Brain, you guys got BIG shoes to fill, but are very capable of doing so. We are with all three of you!!
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Happy to see you back in your natural habitat but sad things didn't work out with the other stuff. Sometimes shit happens for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
                              DF, congrats on the homecoming. As has already been stated, it will be nice to see you back at HR, but hope to see you here on occasion as well. Chad & Brain, you guys got BIG shoexs to fill, but are very capable of doing so. We are with all three of you!!
                              Thanks dude and to everyone who plans to stick around here. It's gonna be good all around.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hey Brian, I gave you props when I signed on here recently, I didn't mean for you to push DF out the door.
                                DF I will in the next 2 months [so they notice the increase] take out a subscription to HR. I will have it sent to my teenage grandson so he can enjoy the written word and and not just a text. Gary in Tucson

Comment

Working...
                                X