Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking News: Freiburger Going Back to Hot Rod Magazine

congrats!

does that mean that Chad can go back to announcing Source Interlink events again? (Nothing against Lohnes, of course)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Congrats on the new/old gig Dave, just dont be a stranger round here.........CAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO BACK TO THAT SHITTY HOTROD MAG FORUM... :
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Now I'm glad I jumped on the HRM subscription renewal offer this past summer. Renewed for 3 years for $20 and a free Hod Rod clock! Woohoo! HRM really wasn't the same without DF there, but I stayed on board to see what would come of it. Hopefully it will be better than ever before! Looking forward to the first editorial article!

I'll still be on here, this site rocks and is one of 3 that I regularly visit. Looking forward to better things in the future. Good luck to all.
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I just got me three T shirts for Freiburger?s Junkyard,
          are they going out of date as well as my thee CJTV shirts ?

I can?t keep up.......................... :o

Comment

Best of luck.
            1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
            1997 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

congratulations, DF! hope it works out for you, gotta feed that little one. NOw, can you do something about bringing power tour back home where it started, on the west coast? I might even subscribe again if that happens as well!
              67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
              05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Cool.

I think Hot Rod NEEDS David.

They were trying pretty hard and put out a very good product, but it seemed like they lost a bit of "soul" when he departed. I really enjoyed the freewheeling spirit of these adventures, but both the boss and the book may be better off together than they are apart.

Some things truly are "meant to be"...

Comment

Congrats Dave, now can you do something with that forum over there? ;D
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Along with everybody else, congrats Dave. See you on PT this year? Want a ride along?
                    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Originally posted by kso4
                    Hey Chad, how 'come you knocked us all dead with that Bonneville essay, then never did another?
                    Jim Brown knew when to quit, maybe Chad did too. ;D

God, if there were a professional ball busting job, I'd totally be all over it.

Brian
                    Brian, isn't it a yam sack :D.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                      Congrats Dave, now can you do something with that forum over there? ;D
                      That would be a trick. Whoever thought that generic crap up over at Source should be banished to the end of the internet. I say we do double duty here and use this as an "outlaw" HotRod forum.

There is quite a great community of car freaks here - I don't think that will change, at least I hope not. Fun place to hang out. Will be eying your gig over at HR since I would now move HR up into my #1 print media spot.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall while this deal was hammered out.

Comment

Congrats Dave. I post at HRM, and will stay here too!
                        Ed.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
                          congratulations, DF! hope it works out for you, gotta feed that little one. NOw, can you do something about bringing power tour back home where it started, on the west coast? I might even subscribe again if that happens as well!
                          X2. I really wished I had a car ready when PT cruised route 66 to San Berdoo.

DF, are you likely to have some control at CC as well? I'll likely go back to buying both mags. Good luck David, Brian and Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
                            I just got me three T shirts for Freiburger?s Junkyard,
                            are they going out of date as well as my thee CJTV shirts ?

I can?t keep up.......................... :o

Hang on to 'em!!

They'll be collector's items...........boo koo bucks on Ebay ;D

Look forward to seeing you in print again DF
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Congrats

Comment

amazing how things work out 'eh?.... David might not be 'editor-in-chief' for long though. 6mo's to a yr, he gets a new title an a bigger office. that's my bet. Unless he fails that background check.......I hope they don't find out about that freelance gig he did for improving the image of the Volga .....
                                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                                X