Breaking News: Freiburger Going Back to Hot Rod Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking News: Freiburger Going Back to Hot Rod Magazine

Life goes on, DF takes the helm again, and it's nice to see a guy get a good bit of luck around here.

I know I was pretty damn depressed after getting booted after working the same place for 8 years...but so goes life, ya pick up and move on.

On the application:
    Talents, skills, or other comments:
    Charity Organization - Orange Julius Operation Express-car donations
    - David's wayward home for oddball misfit automobiles

Firestarter local #452 - Teaching proper methods on how to set your buddy's hand ablaze

Lawn and Gardening - Mini-moto - 101 things to not do on a mini bike and a lawn mower engine

White-trashing seminars - Teacher of such seminars like "hack port jobs with a 4-1/2" grinder"

In all honesty DF, it's cool to hear. I've got no bitches about Rob's job at the helm, but something about a dude in flip flops and a t-shirt running hot rod feels just right.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Dude!
      I give props for Rob seeing this...

At 60 mph no less...
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
        Originally posted by horsewidower

I really like this place, its attitude and its membership. I'm not going anywhere.

Bob
        Same goes.

Hey Chad, how 'come you knocked us all dead with that Bonneville essay, then never did another?
        I have more on the way. I've bee working the legal and administrative side of trying to make our lives work, and trying to keep Daphne and the kids in clothes and food. I've got most of that set, or moving in the right direction, so I am yours once again. Look for new stuff coming soon.

I'm getting teary eyed thinking that you guys actually miss me. ;D
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
          Originally posted by Silver68RT
          I hated seeing you forced to sell off your stuff.
          I'm STILL forced to sell a bunch. CJTV left me with a bunch of debt.
          This isn't just lip service either, I've seen it in person. Of course, it does make me laugh when he says things like "yeah, I have to seriously sell stuff. I need to get back down to like 20 cars." !!!!!!! What? It's a disease. One I happen to love, but funny nonetheless.

Comment

Dave congrats on the return.
            Enjoyed your minitub article last month in HOTROD.
            According to my calculations your little guys developmental milestones should have him picking up new vocabulary daily and ready to become a source of inspiration for future editorials!
            -Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Originally posted by trukluvr
              DF, congrats on the homecoming. As has already been stated, it will be nice to see you back at HR, but hope to see you here on occasion as well. Chad & Brain, you guys got BIG shoexs to fill, but are very capable of doing so. We are with all three of you!!
              Thanks dude and to everyone who plans to stick around here. It's gonna be good all around.

Brian
              Ditto. Big thanks. We'll do you all proud. There is plenty of content in the pipe, including some cool stuff we are planning in the coming weeks. You can rest assured, Brian and I will do all we can to provide plenty of hilarity and fun. We are still keeping our same crack (crack pot?) group around to keep this place in line, including min301 who has graciously offered to keep all you idiots ;D in line.

Oh, and calling Brian brain in the quote above won't make him any smarter. :o

Comment

Originally posted by seered
                Dave congrats on the return.
                Enjoyed your minitub article last month in HOTROD.
                According to my calculations your little guys developmental milestones should have him picking up new vocabulary daily and ready to become a source of inspiration for future editorials!
                -Doc
                I've been around the little guy a good amount, and according DF and Mrs. DF he's a champ at furniture walking. He is cute as hell which is a testament to his mother's stronger genes. ;D DF refers to him as "The World's Smallest Dude" because he looks like a miniature man, not a baby. He does look damn good in his Brotherhood of Street Racers shirt thanks to EthelKilledFred.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle

who left?
                  I agree.

The blogs that all you guys write are a pretty cool thing, but for me the prime motivator in coming here is the conversations I get to have with some quality people: The membership of this message board.

Comment

Hey Chad
                    I see where DF has to do all the background stuff again.

Be sure to tell him to study up before he takes the urine test........ ;D
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Re: Breaking News: Freiburger Going Back to Hot Rod Magazine

What is HR going to think when they see full page Orange Julius Ads in every issue? ;D ;D ;D

Welcome Back Chad......You were missed.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                        Be sure to tell him to study up before he takes the urine test........ ;D
                        if you miss, you flunk?
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hey DF... This is great news. Hopefully once you get caught up on bills you can start buying all of the project cars you have had to pass up. You know, there is something to be said for trying something new. I'm really glad to have you going back to hot rod. It didn't seem the same without you.

Good Luck, Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            I'll just be doing Hot Rod and Hot Rod Deluxe, not Car Craft or any of the rest of them.
                            Please do what you can to take HRD to monthly status, or at least offer subs. It is an excellent mag.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                              Congrats on the new/old gig Dave, just dont be a stranger round here.........CAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO BACK TO THAT SHITTY HOTROD MAG FORUM... :
                              x2

Comment

Congrats DF! I was just about to round file the Hot Rod Subscription mailer I just got....now that your back I'll be sending it in! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X