Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Javelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Javelin

Re: The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Javelin

Just be careful, man. No car is worth the damage that can be done by lying to your wife. Now, you might have to promise not to bring home any more until after these are done and possibly gone. And... that can't be a lie. ;D
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Re: The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Jav

12. Honey, it followed me home. It can live in the garage (or basement) and won't eat much. I'll use the money from my paper route to care for it. It looks really healthy and I don't think it'll need to go to the vet much. Cani, cani, cani???!!!!

And it's sorta true - it DID kinda show up on your doorstep. Can you keep it at Dad's or the FIL's for a while whilst she gets used to it?

My suggestion - worth a try
      Dan

Comment

Re: The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Javelin

To be serious, my line would be "It's affordable and I want to make something of it".

My wife knew I was a car guy when she met me, and I'm a big boy and will make my own decisions. That means I have to follow up, though.

It helps if once-in-a-while you sell something, and then take her out to dinner that night. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
          Just be careful, man. No car is worth the damage that can be done by lying to your wife. Now, you might have to promise not to bring home any more until after these are done and possibly gone. And... that can't be a lie. ;D
          Been dating my wife since sophmore year of High School. She knows what she "invested in" with me....same with her. ;D

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Dude, you are killing me here.
            Most are good and could be combined to produce a more desired outcome.
            Some I would stay away from and not mention at all !!!

Comment

I don't think any of those would work with my wife. I would simply say, "hey I got a free car coming and I want to park it out back. Is that okay?" Usually the answer would be yes.

Comment

It hardly uses any gas!

Comment

Have you tried digging a big hole in the front yard? The wife will probably never even look out back.

Comment

Re: The Top 11 Reasons I'll Use to Convince My Wife That I Need Freiburger's Jav

Definitely avoid reason number 2...you might get one of those shoes where you don't want it. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Daphne
                      Definitely avoid reason number 2...you might get one of those shoes where you don't want it. :o
                      Since making the jump to freelancing full time, I've come upon THE best argument/justification for bringing cars home: "Honey, I can write stories about it while I rebuild it."

She didn't even hesitate when I said I wanted DF's yellow Duster. "As long as we can afford it" is all she said.

Stretching my luck, I told her a couple months back that I got a SWEET deal on a(nother) '54 Buick...and that I want to build this one into a road race car and run the 2010 La Carrera Pan Americana race. "Well, if you think we can afford it, and it will help your career, do it."

I am now in the unique position of having to impose my own restraint-- before the '54 Century comes home, I need to get the Duster on the rotisserie, and the gasser needs to run. I'm shooting for bringing the Century home in early Summer. (After having written the part about the self-imposed restraint, it occurs to me that could be where things went awry with DF's collection!)

-Brad

Comment

the only one i would ever use is number 7 the rest are really just going to get you in trouble, but then again im not married anymore so i can get anything i want aslong as i have somewhere to put it.

Comment

buy a pair of shoes and stick them in the car before it gets home.
                          or flowers......or something......
                          sorry, no help here, i've never been able to pull this one off either.

one thing i have thought of though, never tried it so i can't say if it would work for sure.
                          after seeing a new outfit for the first time, i'll say something like, wow thats looks good, when did you get that?
                          the typical responce is "huh, i've had it for a while, just never worn it yet." so i think that there must be some statute of limitations from when you buy something until it's able to be shown freely.

so, if you left it at a buddys house for a bit you could say " i've had this for a while honey"

i'm not qualified to give advice on these matters, so what ever you do Good Luck!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

10, 7, 4 as it rolls down hill, haha.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I busted out #5 and it worked like a champ and my boys are 4 and 1. What I did was spend several hours each day looking at a car on Ebay with my boys on my lap...hinting, one day she made a passing suggestion and BAM, buy it now baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X