Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Violation Game: Square-Tube Headers

Re: The Violation Game: Square-Tube Headers

Just about everything on an Ed Roth show rod would be a serious violation if used by itself on a normal car. Could you imagine the Orbitron's red / blue / green headlight on a '57 Chevy? But put them all together and you get something that works. And I could see the square headers working on something like that, probably paired with a set of multiple Strombergs with square air cleaners.

I guess it's kind of like the "ride the bomb" scene in Dr. Strangelove. If you think about it, it had a lot of elements that would have been very unfunny on their own - but put all of them together and you stop believing it and start laughing.

Comment

Believe it or not I have seen where there is an individual out there trying to promote the square tube header
      based on its performance over traditional round tube headers. I don't remember the name I'll see if I can look
      it up.

Comment

Whoever owns them doesn't seem to care much for them, letting them get scratched up on the swap meet pavement.....how sad...some fool spend a lot of time making those!

They do look neato, it would be fun to put them on a hot rod just to see peoples reactions. Could use bigger square tubing for collectors/side pipes.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Those things would look bitchin on a boat!
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

If is the application that makes these headers a violation, then you almost have to say that it is pure opinion that would make these a violation. Then you would have to say that anything labeled a violation would be based on pure opinion and speculation thereby negating the term "violation" which implies that there is some sort of hard and fast rule to be violated. But, that is just my opinion.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

hey, if i needed a set of headers and all i had was a couple of old lawn chairs laying around, thats probably close to something i'd come up with.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

It looks like someone took a clothing rack from Wal-Mart and bent it all up. Are those SBC flanges?

Comment

wonder if you could make those into some kind of cool engine stand.

Comment

Originally posted by HonchoLaGrande
                    wonder if you could make those into some kind of cool engine stand.
                    That depends on the thickness of the wall. Those would make a really cool stand, if you could somehow bolt casters on.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Reminds me of some 70s kitchen table set.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I can't see how those would be better than round tubes at all. They do have some nice smooth bends however.
                        This is my new favorite game to play. I play it all over town and it drives the wife nuts which makes it all the much more fun! I need to start carrying the camera wherever I go......

Comment

I don't like these at all. I much prefer a real "basket of snakes" set of headers, much like Stahl or Headers By Ed makes.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                            Reminds me of some 70s kitchen table set.
                            I was going to say chair legs.

Comment

Looks like an idea born in France.

Yuck.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X