'65 Pontiac Wagon Trip a Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '65 Pontiac Wagon Trip a Success

Man you guys are killing me with these clean old cars you're using as "daily drivers" envy I tell you!

I hate driving my '97 powerstroke truck in the winter cause I drove all the way to banjoville georgia to pick it up and it's still rust free.

that wagon is tasty - and all the better than somebody already put in the 200R4 - 17mpg at 70mph - you'd be hard pressed to do better than that in one of todays big SUVs.

well done!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Wow, So much cooler than the Stroller. (sorry new pig guy) Glad someone got it who will appreciate it . . . and drive it !

Drive it till ya wear the tires out, and good luck with it.

DTB
      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Nice looking car! too bad it lost it's 300 trans....they're so relaxing, you just push the gas and wait a minute for it to make it's one shift.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Good looking car, but 400 miles? C'mon, that's just an easy day trip.

Try 2,000 miles in an old Beetle that you just bought ... wait, I did that last fall. ;D

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender
            Wow, So much cooler than the Stroller. (sorry new pig guy) Glad someone got it who will appreciate it . . . and drive it !

Drive it till ya wear the tires out, and good luck with it.

DTB
            I see how it is. LOL I would had to be carrying a big club to leave in that one if you sold it to me wouldn't I? It's nice but I bet you wouldn't have half the stories you wrote if you were driving that instead of the Stroller.

Reading this makes me want to go out drive it but drift busting with drag radials and ET fronts would suck.

BTW the Stroller gets 17 mpg with a 283 and a 700R4.

400 miles is a day trip. The Stroller made it 2000. Thanks for and awesome car DTB!!

Comment

GM' A Body wagons of the Bill Mitchell era were the best looking on the road. Your Pontiac is a wonderful survivor. I looked for one for years and finally found a '72 Buick Sport Wagon.

Over the last few years I keep seeing more of these GM 'grocery getters' at car shows, finally getting the respect they deserve. Of course we still use ours to haul the garbage and go to the lumber store as well.

Comment

WAGONS RULE!

Comment

Originally posted by 58yeoman
                  WAGONS RULE!
                  Amen

Comment

Working...
                  X