Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is On It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is On It

Re: Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is On It

I think this is a backasswards way to push for new car sales....If there are not as many used SUV's and trucks to be purchased, then consumers (us) will need to buy new. They think this will stimulate the economy by driving up production of new vehicles. Or so they say. :
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Re: Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is On It

this is change !!!

Comment

Thats it, moving to the upper penisuala and buying all the cars I can and living off the grid. I say we cruise on Washington all with open headers! We must be heard.

Comment

52.7% makes an undeniable mandate

Comment

Down with these jerks!
            Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Re: Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is O

You guys are being too harsh. Knee-jerk, poorly thought out reactions have always worked in the past.

Screw new cars, electric or otherwise. I doubt we'll ever buy another. I'd much rather spend the same amount on something vintage, and gloat about recycling vehicles to the yuppie tree huggers in their huge carbon footprint/no resale shit boxes.

-Brad

Comment

wait till the only cars to be given tags are 99 and newer

Comment

that just Fckn unreal :o.....who do we bitch slap for this??? >someone needs a good sylable beating... :

al
                  "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I don't think this will work, and don't see many takers lining up to "sell" their car to the government for a voucher with very restrictive conditions. I do see the thin edge of the wedge that will eventually lead to a move away from private vehicle ownership.
                    -dulcich

Comment

Re: Unreal! Now the Government Wants to Use Tax $ To Crush Newer SUVs. SEMA is O

Agenda 21. They will never stop.
                      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Guess I will take my Excursion and crush something.

Comment

Is this in the bill going forward in the senate now?..its passed the house....it is over 2 inches thick - 8.5x11"- and was written by committees who had no communication with each other. Do you actually think our 'terrified' law makers will vote down a 'stimulis package' now?...they can't...wait...they won't...they haven't even read it all... they couldn't have read it. not enough time....this was only put together a few days ago...I think I need to shut up now, cause my blood is really boiling. The level of Ignorance displayed by our 'elected' officials is so disturbing. I work for the 3rd largest buffing pad Mfg. left in the US. We had 13 employees a year ago. had 8 employees two weeks ago. we now have 3. And my tax dollars go to this crap?..............I love the open headers on washington idea.
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                            Is this in the bill going forward in the senate now?..its passed the house....it is over 2 inches thick - 8.5x11"- and was written by committees who had no communication with each other. Do you actually think our 'terrified' law makers will vote down a 'stimulis package' now?...they can't...wait...they won't...they haven't even read it all... they couldn't have read it. not enough time....this was only put together a few days ago...I think I need to shut up now, cause my blood is really boiling. The level of Ignorance displayed by our 'elected' officials is so disturbing. I work for the 3rd largest buffing pad Mfg. left in the US. We had 13 employees a year ago. had 8 employees two weeks ago. we now have 3. And my tax dollars go to this crap?..............I love the open headers on washington idea.
                            It would be sweet either we are heard or its our collective last hora

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                              You guys are being too harsh. Knee-jerk, poorly thought out reactions have always worked in the past.

Screw new cars, electric or otherwise. I doubt we'll ever buy another. I'd much rather spend the same amount on something vintage, and gloat about recycling vehicles to the yuppie tree huggers in their huge carbon footprint/no resale shit boxes.

-Brad
                              this is one topic where you and I are going to agree 100%. This is a dumb idea.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X