Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Hail to the Chief Edition

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Hail to the Chief Edition

As we say in the Navy "Fair winds and following seas" Dave. Good luck at Hot Rod!!! And Brian and Chad, I have no doubt whatsoever that you guys will do wonderful things here.

Comment

DF, I am anxiously waiting for the first issue with you at the helm once again. Congratulations on your return to HRM, here's wishing you the best. Thanks for all you have done at CarJunkies and the Junkyard.

Brian and Chad, onward and upward as they say. I am glad you are going to keep this thing afloat. I know its not an easy thing to do but I appreciate your willingness to do it.

Comment

Hey, this is actually the first Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink that I have actually done it. Good luck with the job DF, you'll be missed around here.

Comment

I'll have a drink in celebration!

I'm glad for DF and his return to HR. Also, he couldn't have left this place with two better people in charge. Sure this place will change a little, but Brian and Chad will continue to deliver the goods. FJY (or whatever the name becomes :P) is the best place to hang out.

Best of luck to all of you ;D

Cheers!

Comment

Since I'm already at home, should I start drinking now? Or should I have started earlier?

Well said Brian. We'll miss the old guy, but promise to keep his vision alive.

I think Rob already started padding his pants.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I'll drink to that!

DF, it must be crazy to think about the tangible influence you've had on the hot rodding community. This is not to say that the current staff (since you'd left) hasn't been doing a good job, but I believe that right now, you're the guy we need behind the wheel at HR, and I know we're all glad to have you back at the helm.

Thanks for keeping Hot Rod genuinely about creative, inventive, and budget-friendly hot rodding. Congrats again, dude!

Brian and Chad, I'm looking forward to all that's coming! You'll do great!

Comment

It's a win-win for everyone. It always makes me feel good when someone deserving gets recognized and wish DF all the best at his new job at Hot Rod, it's a win for him! It's a win for Brian and Chad. They get to get front and center on the stage and get recognized for their hard work. It's their much deserved time in the spot light as well.

I for one have no plans to leave. It's the chemistry of Brain, Chad and every one else here that makes it all work. It's definitely not like other forums where they seem to have a bug up there bum and be comparing man parts. While I haven't met anyone from here personally I feel comfortable and so does every one else regardless of their automotive skill level. Long live the new forum! ;D
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I don't know if it's greed or selfishness on my part, but I will definitely miss DF's contributions and presence here. That's not to say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed Chad's and Brian's part. I look forward to seeing more writing out of Chad.

I guess I will have to re-subscribe to HR as I haven't kept up on it and it lapsed. Cheaper in the long run anyways.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

so THATS where he's going!

maybe I can actually start reading that again. good luck, DF!
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

suggestion for first cover for HRM
                      CAMARO ! and make sure it's RED !
                      best of luck to DF

Comment

I didn't know HRM had their own short bus. But knowing David and Rob and guessing what the rest are probably like, I can see where they'd need one. Liability insurance is probably lower if they keep 'em off the public highways and confine their driving to the track.

I hope the whole stupid bunch of you can get to Maxton this April - David in his official capacity and Chad and Brian in theirs. Maybe Dieselgeek (Scott) and some others can make it too. Steve (White Monster), the Kohler twins (better with Boost and Farenschell), the Maty twins (greenjunk and whatever Mike is using now - they really are twins), Joe Roberts, Todd (NARider) and Keith and Tonya will for sure be there, too. Probably some others. So I'm hoping for a CJTV/FJY reunion!

Best of luck to ALL
                        Dan

Comment

What am I doing wrong ? . I buy a CJTV t-shirt and bam ! , no more CJTV . Last week my Junkyard t arrives in the mail and well you know . Sorry guys if you come out with shirts theres no way I'm buying one . I have to say as much as I enjoy the Junkyard it's just not the same without the video as with CJTV . I don't know how many times I watched Chad spray oil all over the windshield of the Crusher and I laughed like hell . Any how I'm really happy for Freiburger getting his old gig back . Hey guys guess who's buying the beer ! . I look forward to see whats going to be happening . HRM just got 2 more years of my business by hiring Dave back . So good luck to everbody .

Comment

i am still kicking myself for not buying a CJTV t shirt...should i get a FJY shirt now???

good luck DF..its really been a pleasure...but hey...we know ya know what you are doing.... ;D

now i have to re subscribe to HR....

al
                            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Congrats again DF! Be sure to stop by every now and then and drop some smarty editor stuff on us. I will be renewing the HR subscription fo' sho' now.

Comment

Working...
                              X