Rad New Nitto NT05: A Big, Sticky Tire for Guys Who Need Big, Sticky Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad New Nitto NT05: A Big, Sticky Tire for Guys Who Need Big, Sticky Tires

Re: Rad New Nitto NT05: A Big, Sticky Tire for Guys Who Need Big, Sticky Tires

Hmmm ... may check in to these for the SHO. I had pretty much settled on Dunlop's lastest extreme street tire, the Direzza Star Spec, but these Nittos are available in the size I'm looking at too. ???

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I could totally see a set of these on the Crew Cab Chevelle.

That is, provided DF isn't stingy with it...oh wait, he mentioned something about moving it around on ONE FLAT TIRE.

Ready to flog that car again, Chad?

Comment

these would definitely look delicious on my 500 horse 78 trans am! it needs em too

Comment

Well, I put the Dunlops on my SHO. But my buddy Rob who has an 07 Mustang GT that he flogs at open-track days (and lets me wail on as well) put a set of 275/40R18 NT05 rubber on his car recently. I can now give a first hand report on these tires, as we had it out at Mosport yesterday at the small DDT circuit. Compared to the Nitto 555 skins that were on previously, there is a large increase in overall grip, and the car turns in much better now as well. At the kink on the back straight, which has a sort of off-camber "yump" in it, the car feels much better planted too. Downside is that the wear rate looks to be conmensurate with the increased grip, but that is an expected tradeoff.

I realize this is an old thread, but I figured that somebody may appreciate the first person feedback if they were considering a purchase.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
          X