Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the Week: 7 Minutes in Can-Am Heaven

Re: Video of the Week: 7 Minutes in Can-Am Heaven

You've done it again Brian. Excellent video. Watching this confirms, in my mind anyway, the comment I made about the Lola blog concerning the cars of this series at that time were beautiful. I didn't see a bad looking automobile on this video.

You are right it was a list of the Who's Who of road racing right there for over seven minutes. I love it!

Comment

CanAm cars are amazing, I have seen them several times at the road america vintage event.
      Mark your callanders for this years event July 16-19!
      I'll be there, and hell, I can even fire up the grill on the outside of turn 7 on Sunday for any attending Junkies! ;)
      You MUST hear these things in real life to truly understand how truly awesome they are!

http://www.roadamerica.com/race_kic.htm

Comment

Great Video....

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Wow, what a sweet symphony!! Those engines sound fantastic!! The cars are beautiful too. Thanks for the video.
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Cool video, Brian, thanks for posting it. Gotta' love those Chapparals, too.

Comment

Two best parts of the video, seeing Despain with hair and watching the wing work on Hall's car. AWESOME!!!!! YouTube is a treasure chest of delight ;D ;D ;D
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I love Can-am. Here is part two of that vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOcXNZ9GDE

Comment

back when road racing attracted fans
                  not scaring fans away , like they do now

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

I wish I was a good (or even average) writer.
                      I would love to put eloquently into words what 15-plus big block road racers sound like rolling through the wooded track of Road America. One of these sounds fantastic all by itself, but man, the sound of a pack of angry can-am cars will take your breath away, seriously, it's that cool!
                      In 1967 I was negative two, but thanks to the folks that both restore AND USE these things "youngsters" like me can see these truly badass cars from the past.

Comment

I was lucky enough to see a dozen or so Can-Am cars in a 'race' at the Monterey Historics a couple years ago... my ears have never been the same, and I am a changed person for having seen it.

This vid WILL give you an idea of the sound: it does sound like that... IF you are standing a HALF MILE from the track. Anywhere near the track, and its DEAFENING.

Nearly ALL of these beautiful things were running big blocks, and the small ones were 468 ci - ish. Most were in the range of 496ci., high-compression, and had 180-degree headers, unmuffled. A sweet symphony of full-throttle race gas explosiveness.

Combine the modern experience of being on the front straight during a NASCAR green flag, with 40+ cars at 850+hp, with the sound of a WWII fighter doing a low strafing pass, and a dash of off-shore unlimited biiiiig-block powerboat noise, and you have a sense of the impact to your eardrums.

I freaking want one.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to get to see the Chaparral 2E in person (along with the other Chaparrals)

Comment

Working...
                          X